Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-02-2016, 04:23 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by unkipunki Quote
Oh, it's not that the antiquated lenses can't be used to excellent effect. I don't judge anyone for using them. I love the 150 2.8 for example. However I live and take photos in the west highlands of Scotland. I like to, and have to, shoot in all weather conditions. I bought a weather sealed 645z and three sub 91mm weather sealed/ AW lenses. I am not comfortable taking non AW lenses out into my environment. Therefore I believe I need AW lenses with focal lengths greater than 90 mm. It isn't too much to ask I think.
no it's not too much to ask. unfortunately the reality is that pentax only has so many people working on their lenses, and there are probably higher priority tasks for them that they are working on now, probably more in the wide angle area.

03-02-2016, 05:35 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gavincato Quote
no it's not too much to ask. unfortunately the reality is that pentax only has so many people working on their lenses, and there are probably higher priority tasks for them that they are working on now, probably more in the wide angle area.
Well if that's the case having had the two bridging zooms on the 645 lens roadmap since the release of the Z is a little bit misleading. 2015 or Later - 2016 or Later. Just 'later' would have covered it. But there is still no indication of a wide angle replacement on the roadmap released this February. I do know that lens roadmaps are subject to change, but they have changed the dates not the 645 content. A new wide angle would of course be great, but I am OK just now with the 28-45mm.
03-02-2016, 08:47 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by skytomorrownow Quote
Sounds like it's time to upgrade to a 645z!
Bahahahaha. I am considering it. But I need to inspect the files by K-1 first a bit more closely. I need to see if it is financially and economically worthwhile to upgrade to Z from D before trying out K-1. I feel like it is no longer apples and oranges you know. I feel like I get more out of having D + K-1 than having Z alone.
03-02-2016, 09:00 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
Bahahahaha. I am considering it. But I need to inspect the files by K-1 first a bit more closely. I need to see if it is financially and economically worthwhile to upgrade to Z from D before trying out K-1. I feel like it is no longer apples and oranges you know. I feel like I get more out of having D + K-1 than having Z alone.
In some respects the Z is kind of a D plus K1 already. Not IBIS or burst rate though.