Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2016, 06:12 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
unkipunki's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Lochaweside, Argyll
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 531
Silence regarding new 645 lenses at CP plus 2016?

Is it just me, or has the silence regarding new 645 lenses been deafening at the 2016 show? Maybe just buried by FF news. Has anyone heard anything 645 related? I really would like an updated/new 80-160ish sometime soon. Particularly if the optics are as good as the 28-45.

02-28-2016, 06:17 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Barry Pearson's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Stockport
Posts: 870
QuoteOriginally posted by unkipunki Quote
Is it just me, or has the silence regarding new 645 lenses been deafening at the 2016 show? Maybe just buried by FF news. Has anyone heard anything 645 related? I really would like an updated/new 80-160ish sometime soon. Particularly if the optics are as good as the 28-45.
This is the latest 645 roadmap, dated February 2016. I suspect that is all there is.
02-28-2016, 02:53 PM   #3
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 1,120
I think everything was buried by the K-1. Did you see the DPR video where there was a posted 110 minute wait to handle it? Over in the Q forum, people are taking the silence on that platform as a sure sign that it will be abandoned.

It's just cycles, is all.
02-28-2016, 06:06 PM - 1 Like   #4
New Member




Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 20
QuoteOriginally posted by filoxophy Quote
I think everything was buried by the K-1. Did you see the DPR video where there was a posted 110 minute wait to handle it? Over in the Q forum, people are taking the silence on that platform as a sure sign that it will be abandoned.

It's just cycles, is all.
QuoteOriginally posted by filoxophy Quote
I think everything was buried by the K-1
I agree. I work in marketing/PR/events and rarely does a team want to dilute a message with too many offerings. The K-1 is probably a top priority for the company right now, so all hands will be focused on it until it gets out into the world.

02-29-2016, 05:38 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
unkipunki's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Lochaweside, Argyll
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 531
Original Poster
Well, suffice to say I did not invest in this system to be stuck with antiquated lenses at all focal lengths beyond 90mm.
03-01-2016, 01:42 AM   #6
672
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: santa monica
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 412
Yes, Pentax 645 is doomed.........
03-01-2016, 02:13 AM   #7
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 585
QuoteOriginally posted by unkipunki Quote
Well, suffice to say I did not invest in this system to be stuck with antiquated lenses at all focal lengths beyond 90mm.
Hear Hear!

The new tele zoom needs to come before the normal zoom, and it needs OS. Unless they decide to make a new 150 and give it OS, then the zoom can be no OS and lighter/slower.

I am hoping for a 90-180mm f/4.5 OS
03-01-2016, 03:38 AM   #8
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,465
I think a new 150 f/2.8 is a good shout - I suspect it will be huge and expensive, as will be popular amongst studio/portrait shooters...

03-01-2016, 09:19 AM   #9
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 5th floor
Posts: 1,322
QuoteOriginally posted by 672 Quote
Yes, Pentax 645 is doomed.........
You know, some of the files shot by K-1 that I have seen - they got the look of a MF for some reasons. Obviously shallower depth of field compared to APS-C will help in that regards, but I was comparing it with 645D files . . . . Yes my D may well be doomed a bit once I get my K-1. If the differences are negligible then I cannot justify carrying that brick around all over.
03-01-2016, 10:46 AM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 484
QuoteOriginally posted by unkipunki Quote
Well, suffice to say I did not invest in this system to be stuck with antiquated lenses at all focal lengths beyond 90mm.
Well, I sorta did. Also sometimes a fan of antiquated lenses. The only problem I've had with my antiquated lenses so far has been flare or flare haze shooting into the light, but I have always tried to avoid that anyway.

We've all got different fish to fry.
03-01-2016, 10:50 AM   #11
New Member




Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 20
QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
If the differences are negligible then I cannot justify carrying that brick around all over.
Sounds like it's time to upgrade to a 645z!
03-01-2016, 11:24 AM - 1 Like   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
unkipunki's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Lochaweside, Argyll
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 531
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
Well, I sorta did. Also sometimes a fan of antiquated lenses. The only problem I've had with my antiquated lenses so far has been flare or flare haze shooting into the light, but I have always tried to avoid that anyway.

We've all got different fish to fry.
Oh, it's not that the antiquated lenses can't be used to excellent effect. I don't judge anyone for using them. I love the 150 2.8 for example. However I live and take photos in the west highlands of Scotland. I like to, and have to, shoot in all weather conditions. I bought a weather sealed 645z and three sub 91mm weather sealed/ AW lenses. I am not comfortable taking non AW lenses out into my environment. Therefore I believe I need AW lenses with focal lengths greater than 90 mm. It isn't too much to ask I think.
03-01-2016, 05:31 PM   #13
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 484
QuoteOriginally posted by unkipunki Quote
I am not comfortable taking non AW lenses out into my environment. Therefore I believe I need AW lenses with focal lengths greater than 90 mm. It isn't too much to ask I think.
Ahhhh, I see. Well, yes, it is liberating and important to be able to shoot in dicey weather. I have found it so, at least, and I am doing that now. I'll have to settle for some rain gear, though, as I won't be able to afford new lenses. The Z broke my bank. So very glad it's such a great tool.
03-01-2016, 05:52 PM   #14
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,465
I pick up shower caps wherever I go as I spend most of my life in hotel rooms....
03-02-2016, 03:19 AM   #15
Junior Member




Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: usually not in France
Posts: 45
QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
I pick up shower caps wherever I go as I spend most of my life in hotel rooms....


That's a nice and clever advice !!

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, 645z, camera, lenses, lenses at cp, medium format, silence
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Final Countdown to Feb 25th 2016 (CP+ 2016) starjedi Pentax News and Rumors 1654 05-23-2016 05:15 PM
My report from CP+ 2016 JPT Pentax News and Rumors 161 03-07-2016 12:58 PM
Gulf Photo Plus 2016 comprock Travel, Events, and Groups 6 02-25-2016 07:12 AM
Hiroyasu Uehara of RIcoh to speak at CP+ Technological Academy 2016 solar1 Pentax News and Rumors 5 01-31-2016 10:54 AM
DA 50mm, DA 560mm, D-FA 645 90mm to be revealed at CP+ Adam Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 56 02-10-2012 08:56 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:25 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top