Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2016, 02:09 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
gavincato, may I ask you a further question? While searing for this lens on ebay, I see lenses of various serial numbers. Is it better to go with the latest serial number or it doesn't really matter?
really not sure sorry. my knowledge of hasselblad gear isn't that great. I seem to remember something vaguely about there being a couple of generations of this lens - I know I have the last generation of this lens, I paid a fortune for mine as it was basically mint and looked brand new - it had hardly been used. I'm never letting it go If you were interested, get onto some other medium format forums (such as luminous landscape, getdpi) the guys there are encyclopedias on other systems.

03-23-2016, 11:02 PM   #17

For a portrait lens, AF is where it's at. Get the FA150mm 2.8...
03-23-2016, 11:55 PM   #18

QuoteQuote:
may I ask you a further question? While searing for this lens on ebay, I see lenses of various serial numbers. Is it better to go with the latest serial number or it doesn't really matter?
look in the following article:
REVIEW | Hasselblad 110mm F2 Planar FE - Overview

imho the optical construction and performance isnīt changing during the 5 versions.
May be the T* coating was improved at the younger lenses.
The imho most important argument is that over time the grease used for the focus helicoid stiffens and the focus ring can be very difficult to rotate and/or the resistance is no longer uniform throughout the focus throw. For older lenses you may need a CLA.
Have a look at Hasselbald historical homepage for the serial number and the production year.
03-24-2016, 01:08 AM   #19
Site Supporter

I have the 5th version, with the square baffle. Beautiful lens.

---------- Post added 03-24-16 at 01:11 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Irie Quote
For a portrait lens, AF is where it's at. Get the FA150mm 2.8...
I love the 150 - it's brilliant. But theres something about the look of the older lenses.

If you have the budget and the room in the bag, having both is a great setup.

03-25-2016, 07:13 PM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by veraikon Quote
look in the following article:
REVIEW | Hasselblad 110mm F2 Planar FE - Overview

imho the optical construction and performance isnīt changing during the 5 versions.
May be the T* coating was improved at the younger lenses.
The imho most important argument is that over time the grease used for the focus helicoid stiffens and the focus ring can be very difficult to rotate and/or the resistance is no longer uniform throughout the focus throw. For older lenses you may need a CLA.
Have a look at Hasselbald historical homepage for the serial number and the production year.
Great, thanks for your comments