Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2016, 04:00 PM   #1

645z and Lightroom Tethering Rotation

Hi Everyone,

I have an issue that I've been trying to figure out for a few months, with no luck.

As a food photographer, it's common for me to be shooting overhead looking straight down onto my subject. However, there are times when I would like to shoot in the vertical orientation while in this position. The 645z seems to default to a horizontal orientation once the camera turns past a given angle. Now this is normal operation for any camera, My Canon's do the same. However, The Canon's sensor seems to be very sensitive, whereas the Pentax doesn't seem to kick in until a larger degree of rotation is applied. I've been told to apply the rotation in Lightroom, however I it does not apply to the next capture, instead reverting back to the default orientation. Has anyone come upon this issue, and figured out a way to alleviate it?

04-05-2016, 06:23 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

This feature may be turned off, though it is not real clear how. You can turn it off for image review, but that only works "in camera". The sure step is to disallow saving the orientation setting in the Custom setting menu, C4 #22.

Steve