Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2016, 08:56 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Photodiox Hasselblad to 645 adapter

I have seen some lukewarm reviews of this adapter but without many choices I got one to use a F-Distagon 30/3.5 lens on my 645D.
I got the lens today and had literally just a couple of minutes to look at it. The lens looks to be in good shape with clear glass and no obvious problems.

I mounted it up and there's no noticeable play which was one of the complaints I had heard about the adapter so hopefully I got a good one. One thing I noticed is the focus ring on the lens is a little stiff (but not bad, just a little) and the problem is when focusing it is easier to turn the lens in the adapter than the focus ring. I could see this leading to a terrible mishap in the field if I wasn't paying close enough attention and holding the adapter when focusing.

There is a little spring loaded lever on it that I see on the site is supposed to hold the lens tight but mine doesn't seem to do that very well. There isn't play, but it wants to rotate in the mount very easily.

Have any of you had this issue? Have you done anything to address it? I plan on having a closer look tonight to see if there is any kind of tension adjustment but it's doesn't look like there is much if any of that kind of thing.

I'm thinking I might be able to use a little gaffer tape somewhere to increase friction or something like that but I'm hoping there is a more elegant solution.

04-14-2016, 01:04 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I got the all important cat testing done over the lunch hour today. Lens seems nice and with a little gaffer tape in the adapter it stays on the lens pretty well now.
Now I need to track down a manual for this thing. Anyone know of one? (Zeiss F-Distacon 30mm f/3.5 for Hasselblad)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645D  Photo 
04-14-2016, 01:19 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

I think your cat wants you to know that there's a cat inside your new lens, staring out at her.
04-14-2016, 01:23 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
What she really wants is some love, and maybe some food in her dish, even though it's not quite empty. She kept trying to rub on the lens so I think she likes it!

04-14-2016, 10:14 PM   #5

Matt, I used the older C version of the 30mm f3.5 distagon with my Hasselblad 500 CM back in the ole film days. It was an excellent lens capable of some great colors and amazingly high resolution. Got some incredible images with it. I think / hope you find yours just as enjoyable.
04-14-2016, 10:48 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Oh no! It's missing its drop in filters which I didn't think was a big deal until I noticed it won't focus to infinity. After some googling it looks like the filter is part of the optical formula, at least maybe as a spacer. So I need to get a hold of one, maybe try to fabricate something as a spacer, or just send the thing back. I have contacted the seller.
04-15-2016, 11:22 PM   #7

Fotodiox or Photodiox ?

thatīs the question https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/48-pentax-medium-format/297826-fotodiox-p...ml#post3287574

---------- Post added 04-16-2016 at 08:07 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
Now I need to track down a manual for this thing. Anyone know of one? (Zeiss F-Distacon 30mm f/3.5 for Hasselblad)
You will find a manual for a F-Distagon f/3.5 30 mm C easily on Hasselblad Historical or at Carl Zeiss e.g. Hasselblad Historical - Zeiss Lens Data Sheets http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/pdf/LDS/C30.pdf http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/pdf/LDS/CF30.pdf Willkommen t.b.c
04-17-2016, 10:00 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by veraikon Quote
thatīs the question https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/48-pentax-medium-format/297826-fotodiox-p...ml#post3287574

---------- Post added 04-16-2016 at 08:07 AM ----------

You will find a manual for a F-Distagon f/3.5 30 mm C easily on Hasselblad Historical or at Carl Zeiss e.g. Hasselblad Historical - Zeiss Lens Data Sheets http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/pdf/LDS/C30.pdf http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/pdf/LDS/CF30.pdf Willkommen t.b.c
Thannks, but I found that "manual" already but it's not really a manual but more of a data sheet. I'm looking for something with more explanation about all the controls on the lens and how to use them.

---------- Post added 04-17-16 at 11:01 AM ----------

It did actually have a clear filter by the way. I think something wasn't seated initially and I took it all apart and put it back together and it's much better! I wasn't looking in the right place for the filter initially.

04-18-2016, 03:43 AM   #9

matt - thatīs the manual. If you are interessed how to use a lens, you must read the _camera-manual_ of your Hasselblad. Thats because the handling depends on the camera (focal- or centralshutter , with/without light meter, ....) A Hasselblad lens on a Pentax 645 is handeld like a "C" or CF" lens on a Hasselblad 20n (n = 1,2,3,5) [focal shutter, light meter ) Best you download the 203FE manual an read the chapter C or CF lenses.

---------- Post added 04-18-2016 at 11:46 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
It did actually have a clear filter by the way. I think something wasn't seated initially and I took it all apart and put it back together and it's much better! I wasn't looking in the right place for the filter initially.
never use it without filter. The filter is in the lens calculation - without filter itīs like missing a element on your lens.
04-18-2016, 07:33 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Ah ok. I don't have a Hasselblad camera but was just wondering what the various controls on the lens are. Some are fairly obvious but some aren't.
Right I understand about the filter. I'm leaving it in as a permanent part of the lens!