Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2016, 05:14 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax 6x7 TTL Prism / round glass

Hi guys,
i'm the "new one" around...i hope you guys don't mind my english, it's been a while !!

I purchased my very first Pentax 6x7 lately along with the ttl prism. My problem is, that there's some sort of movement...i found this little "round watchglass" sitting loose ?! Is there supposed to be a gasket to hold it in place ?!

Except this little flaw i'm truly in love with the beast !! Sold my Mamiya RZ System to shoot more SLR style.
Well that's it for the start, i hope to find more inspiration here and share some pics as well...

Cheers
Jens

05-02-2016, 07:34 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you referring to the opaque (white) glass on the meter or the entry pupil of the viewfinder (viewfinder eyepiece)? Neither should be loose, but the ring around the entry pupil of the viewfinder can be unscrewed for insertion of a correction lens for diopter adjustment. If this ring (also called eyepice frame in the instruction booklet) is loose, you can just screw it back in. There is no gasket.

You can find instructions both for the 6x7 system and the pentaprism viewfinder on butkus.org: Pentax 6X7 instruction manual, Pentax 6x7 prism finder, user manual, PDF manual, free manuals
05-02-2016, 05:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What is the "round watchglass"??
I presume that it could be the knurled ring holding the dioptric correction lens to the TTL meter body. The dioptric correction lens screws into the back with its own retaining ring. It is rare for it to become lose but should be tightened up to prevent loss of the ring, the eyeglass or the entire viewinder interface.
05-03-2016, 12:34 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanx guys,
it's the entry pupil of the viewfinder, the "holder" is fully screwed in at it's place... maybe there's something missing behind it. I can't find a detailed photo of it and there's no other owner of a Pentax nearby... but thanx anyway, i think i have to take it apart and investigate a bit further. I'll keep you updated. Cheers