Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2016, 04:16 AM   #1
Pentaxian
Tjompen1968's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norrköping, Sweden
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,334
Adobe Camera RAW 9.6 / Lightroom xxxx.6 Camera Profiles

In the latest update, june 8, under the Camera Calibration you now have the possibility to choose camera specific color profiles for your 645Z, K-1 and K-3II.

Really nice addition.

06-13-2016, 05:32 AM   #2
Senior Member
Medex's Avatar

Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 220
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
In the latest update, june 8, under the Camera Calibration you now have the possibility to choose camera specific color profiles for your 645Z, K-1 and K-3II.

Really nice addition.
where exactly I can find Camera calibration in LR?
Thank You
06-13-2016, 05:38 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Tjompen1968's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norrköping, Sweden
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,334
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Medex Quote
where exactly I can find Camera calibration in LR?
Thank You
Scroll down when in develop module to Camera Calibration. There you can see that Adobe Standard is choosen. The setting you choose can be made as default if you want.
06-13-2016, 05:42 AM   #4
Senior Member
Medex's Avatar

Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 220
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
Scroll down when in develop module to Camera Calibration. There you can see that Adobe Standard is choosen. The setting you choose can be made as default if you want.
Thank you

---------- Post added 06-13-16 at 04:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
Scroll down when in develop module to Camera Calibration. There you can see that Adobe Standard is choosen. The setting you choose can be made as default if you want.
I suppose that this option is available in LR 6.5 only. Not in LR 6.1? Right?

06-13-2016, 06:18 AM   #5
Pentaxian
Tjompen1968's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norrköping, Sweden
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,334
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Medex Quote
Thank you

---------- Post added 06-13-16 at 04:02 PM ----------


I suppose that this option is available in LR 6.5 only. Not in LR 6.1? Right?
For the option of Camera specific profiles you will need the latest update from june 2016.

Camera RAW engine 9.6 as stated in the beginning of the thread.
06-13-2016, 06:31 AM   #6
Senior Member
Medex's Avatar

Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 220
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
For the option of Camera specific profiles you will need the latest update from june 2016.

Camera RAW engine 9.6 as stated in the beginning of the thread.
Yeap, I already downloaded and installed it, but even in ACR 9.6 Camera Profile I don't see the option of k-1 color profile, just 5 or 6 common options like Portrait, Bright etc. STRANGE.
06-13-2016, 06:53 AM   #7
Pentaxian
Tjompen1968's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norrköping, Sweden
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,334
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Medex Quote
Yeap, I already downloaded and installed it, but even in ACR 9.6 Camera Profile I don't see the option of k-1 color profile, just 5 or 6 common options like Portrait, Bright etc. STRANGE.
Well, those are the camera profiles. Before this update you only had the choice of Adobe standard if using PEF and also Embedded if using DNG.

With the K-1 the Standard profile gives a flat image very different from the cameras rendition of Bright. Now you can use Bright and get the exact colors as out of camera.

How Adobe Standard and 645Z Bright is compared I do not know.
06-13-2016, 07:37 AM   #8
Senior Member
Medex's Avatar

Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 220
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
Well, those are the camera profiles. Before this update you only had the choice of Adobe standard if using PEF and also Embedded if using DNG.

With the K-1 the Standard profile gives a flat image very different from the cameras rendition of Bright. Now you can use Bright and get the exact colors as out of camera.

How Adobe Standard and 645Z Bright is compared I do not know.
Thank you

06-13-2016, 08:51 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
lsimpkins's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SE Pennsylvania
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 173
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
In the latest update, june 8, under the Camera Calibration you now have the possibility to choose camera specific color profiles for your 645Z, K-1 and K-3II.

Really nice addition.
Would have been nice if Adobe had pushed the same options to the K-3, considering its similarity to the K-3ii.
06-13-2016, 08:59 AM   #10
Pentaxian
Tjompen1968's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norrköping, Sweden
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,334
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lsimpkins Quote
Would have been nice if Adobe had pushed the same options to the K-3, considering its similarity to the K-3ii.
Since it is out of production I guess they had to draw the line somewhere.

I made my own profiles for the K-3 with the tool they had on Adobe labs and think I got pretty close to the out of camera colours.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, 645z, adobe, adobe camera, calibration, camera, default, lightroom xxxx.6 camera, lr, medium format, module, profiles, scroll
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K-1 and Adobe Camera RAW Color profiles Tjompen1968 Pentax K-1 17 08-10-2016 09:59 AM
Camera Raw 9.6/LR 2015.6 update supports three new Pentax lenses Paul the Sunman Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 2 06-09-2016 12:37 PM
Lens profiles in Adobe Camera Raw gosman Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 6 03-28-2014 12:18 PM
Adobe lens profiles for Camera Raw, Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3 knoxploration Post-Processing Articles 108 11-03-2013 12:14 PM
X-rite Offers Free PDF Guide for Adobe Camera Raw 6 EdwardConde Photographic Technique 6 02-29-2012 01:42 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:58 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top