Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2016, 01:31 PM   #1

Cant AF 645D Just Purchased

Just purchased this to go along with my 645N. I tried all 3 of my lenses that AF and the AF does not work on the camera. Any suggestions ?
Thank you

07-11-2016, 01:46 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is the AF dial next to the viewfinder set to AF, and is the shutter-button half-press mapped to enable the AF? If not, select AF.S on the dial and press the AF button on the back of the camera to focus.

If the camera is in manual focus mode for whatever reason, this will be shown in the viewfinder.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-11-2016, 02:18 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Is the AF dial next to the viewfinder set to AF, and is the shutter-button half-press mapped to enable the AF? If not, select AF.S on the dial and press the AF button on the back of the camera to focus.

If the camera is in manual focus mode for whatever reason, this will be shown in the viewfinder.
Hi Adam, CRAZY Stuff. I went through all the menus and went to Custom Menu and the enable AF when Depressed half way was set to OFF. Works Now. Thank you again and all is well.