Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2016, 11:55 AM   #1
Veteran Member

645 C/S switch

I recently got a film 645 and believe it or not, I actually read the manual. The thing that surprised me is that the manual shows that the circular switch on the left side of the camera is for switching between single and continuous shooting modes, while on my camera it is for EV compensation. Just wondering if I have a different model of the camera..

Last edited by IgorZ; 03-20-2017 at 11:03 AM.
07-14-2016, 12:38 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
I recently got a film 645 and believe it or not, I actually read the manual. The thing that surprised me is that the manual shows that the circular switch on the left side of the camera is for switching between single and continuous shooting modes, while on my camera it is for EV compensation. Just wondering if I have a different model of the camera..
Your camera is a very rare variant of the original 645, factory modified to have 1/2 stop E/V compensation via the changed C/S dial. This variant I believe was made for chrome shooters and only gives up 1 frames a second in continuous shooting to gain this.
I have two of these cameras and you are the only other person I now know of with another.
Glenn
07-14-2016, 12:57 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by G and T Quote
Your camera is a very rare variant of the original 645, factory modified to have 1/2 stop E/V compensation via the changed C/S dial. This variant I believe was made for chrome shooters and only gives up 1 frames a second in continuous shooting to gain this.
I have two of these cameras and you are the only other person I now know of with another.
Glenn
Never knew this- very interesting!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-14-2016, 01:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by G and T Quote
Glenn
I am glad I asked. Thank you! So I guess because chrome is more finicky they made EV compensation more accessible? I would be interested to find out more about this version, if you have more information, I would really appreciate it.

I was just looking at some slide film today, and picked Fuji Pro 160..