Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2016, 12:38 PM   #1

Pentax 67II service in Europe?

I have read somewhere that the 67II is not serviceabile due to lack of electronic spare parts... is this true?
Does anybody know of a lab in Europe able to service the 67II?

Thanks!

07-18-2016, 12:49 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Since the 67II is no longer in production (was stopped being made around 7+ years ago), there's really not going to be any labs that will repair it due not having any parts to do any repairs in the first place.
You'll most likely have to send it to Eric Henderson (Home) or someone who is able to get the parts to do the repairs.
07-18-2016, 01:31 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by desertglow Quote
I have read somewhere that the 67II is not serviceabile due to lack of electronic spare parts... is this true?

Thanks!
Might be worth contacting some of the film-oriented repair shops listed here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/189-repairs-warranty-service/316284-penta...e-listing.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-18-2016, 02:06 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The owner of Reparatur PENTAX Analog Kameras - KAMERAZEIT ist offizieller PENTAX Servicepartner is a very helpful person. I would give him a call.

07-18-2016, 04:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by desertglow Quote

Thanks!
It's not a camera made anymore so if there is a serious fault in the electronics, the course taken is either submit it for disassembly and repair as best as possible or repair with cannibalised parts from another, like-camera. This is the same for all older MF cameras (especially the Pentax 6x7 / 67 bodies and TTL finders). I have known the repair cost to actually exceed the net worth of the camera after repairs, so it requires some consideration.
07-18-2016, 07:09 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I got my 67II a few years ago (around the time Ricoh bought Pentax) , the Japanese seller indicated Pentax in Japan would/could still service it.
Not sure if this is still true, best email them.

Note I believe the 67II is one of the film cameras that Eric does not work on.

Phil.
07-18-2016, 10:57 PM   #7

Ask HOST PHOTOSERVICE in Germany - so far they always found a soultion for my Pentax MFs

07-20-2016, 04:21 AM   #8

Original Poster
Thanks guys !