Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2016, 05:34 PM   #1

645 C/S switch stuck.

Hey everybody,

I've recently picked up a 645 film body, and upon inspection it seems that the C/S switch won't budge one bit. Keep in mind I don't have a lens or a film back for it. The shutter does fire, and all seems well. I was just curious if this was a function that wasn't available until I insert a film back, or if something was wrong with that function of the camera (not that I'm going to be throwing away frames in continuous anyways.) Any help would be greatly appreciated. :-)

08-29-2016, 08:18 PM   #2
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nikonshooter32 Quote
645 C/S switch stuck.
Hi Shaun. Apologies for not being able to answer your question, but in researching it, I came across this. I am assuming that you already have a manual, but in case you have not..........................................................

http://jafaphotography.com/downloads/645.pdf
08-29-2016, 09:58 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Your C/S switch should rotate either direction regardless if there is a lens or film back on the camera. It alternates from Continuous to Single back to Continuous then again Single. Itʻs a dial with C on either end and then S 90 degrees from either C. Sounds like itʻs seized up and needs a little "help".
08-30-2016, 01:04 PM   #4

Original Poster
You're absolutely right, it just needed a little "help" . With a little persuasion I managed to get it free. All is right with the world.