Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2016, 02:28 PM   #1
Forum Member

645Z and Bracketing

I wonder if someone knows this (I am away from my camera for a few days so I can't try)....

When I set bracketing on the 645Z and select Mirror Up mode, I take my shots manually, click to lift mirror, wait a few seconds, click to take, and repeat through the sequence.

Now if I set the option to take all the brackets with one press of the shutter, what happens to the mirror up mode? It would be nice for it to lift the mirror - pause and then take the 3 shots and then drop the mirror - but I am thinking it doesn't do this.

Does it just fire 3 shots quickly, raising the mirror right before each shot - and therefore not allowing time for any mirror shake to settle?

Thanks

Phil

09-10-2016, 02:56 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MrPhil Quote
I wonder if someone knows this (I am away from my camera for a few days so I can't try)....

When I set bracketing on the 645Z and select Mirror Up mode, I take my shots manually, click to lift mirror, wait a few seconds, click to take, and repeat through the sequence.

Now if I set the option to take all the brackets with one press of the shutter, what happens to the mirror up mode? It would be nice for it to lift the mirror - pause and then take the 3 shots and then drop the mirror - but I am thinking it doesn't do this.

Does it just fire 3 shots quickly, raising the mirror right before each shot - and therefore not allowing time for any mirror shake to settle?

Thanks

Phil
Just tried it. Looking through the viewfinder, pressing the shutter release once raises the mirror, pressing the second time the bracketed shots are taken, then the mirror drops. The mirror doesn't return between the bracketed shots.
09-11-2016, 12:43 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Excellent - always avoided the press-once-bracket mode as I like to be certain there is no mirror-shake, but this sounds like this is the better opton

Thanks, Phil