Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2016, 01:38 PM   #151
Veteran Member

GFX = all about adapting the whole range of multibrand MF optics thanks to MILC design.

It should be possible to adapt modern Pentax 645 lenses as well such as the 28-45 zoom. All it takes is Metabones style effort.

10-04-2016, 03:55 PM   #152
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by petrakka Quote
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think this will work with my Profotos (like a leaf shutter would)?
There are usually workarounds but my experience tells me that workarounds on long shoots and hectic jobs are a recipe for disaster - just more variables for shit to go wrong.

That doesn't address the whole lack of good professional/customer support. The flash sync thing I can live with, but would prefer not to. The professional support is the real reason I'm not sure I'll be using Pentax next. Not that I know how good Fuji's is, but I know that Hasselblad's is better, Fuji I would have to look into. The lens lineup they have is certainly looking good. Next year seems to be a good time to be in the market for MF that much I can tell.
It does work with Profoto monolights, at least it has been tested on the B1, basically if you can manually set HSS on the flash head, it works. It will at above leaf shutter speeds, all the way to the max shutter spend in a camera.

---------- Post added 10-04-16 at 04:04 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gavincato Quote
no it won't work with profoto (unfortunately)

The priolite strobes do work at faster than 1/125 - but I found them a bit buggy (6 months back).
It does work with profoto B1 and B2. Don't know if any other, but if they use the air remote and support HSS, I don't see why not.

??? PROFOTO ?Cactus V6-ll Pentax ? Hss... - Lok Shing Cheong | Facebook
10-05-2016, 08:44 AM   #153
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pablo Villegas Quote
It does work with Profoto monolights, at least it has been tested on the B1, basically if you can manually set HSS on the flash head, it works. It will at above leaf shutter speeds, all the way to the max shutter spend in a camera.

---------- Post added 10-04-16 at 04:04 PM ----------

It does work with profoto B1 and B2. Don't know if any other, but if they use the air remote and support HSS, I don't see why not.
Good to know - I'm still on their older Acute series, but I won't be forever, next year might be time to clean house and upgrade the whole lot of it. Then again, it will probably take some sort of system breakdown to force me to do this cuz if it ain't broke...(which it currently ain't), but I become warier every year now that some of my gear is in the 7-10 yr old range of consistent use. Hell, I probably won't be able to get the right batteries from Profoto anymore next time I need one recelled.