Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-22-2016, 04:51 PM   #1

645D Flash triggering issues

Have any of you 645 D owners had problems with flash triggering? I use pocket wizard and Profoto triggers and everything worked great until about a month ago when I started having occasional misfires, then more frequent and finally it won't fire at all. I tried using a sync cord in the sync terminal and nothing there either. Is this fixable?

09-23-2016, 06:04 PM   #2

I am having similar issues. Today I was using my pocket wizards and got a lot of misfires. I actually had to back it up some from the proper seating area to get it to fire. A few weeks ago I was using a sync cable and had issues with that as well. I was getting maybe a 65 percent fire rate with the cable.
09-23-2016, 06:40 PM   #3

This seems troubling since I'll use my Pentax 645D with flash a lot... I did have some miss firings testing the Cactus V6ii with HSS. But I guess that's to be expected.
Which firmware? And are you using the X mode on the dial? Or M?
09-24-2016, 10:34 AM - 1 Like   #4

Original Poster
I think I'm going to send it in for repairs and see what happens. This is my primary camera for head shots and other studio work so I sure hope we can get to he bottom of this. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

01-01-2017, 03:44 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pablo Villegas Quote
This seems troubling since I'll use my Pentax 645D with flash a lot... I did have some miss firings testing the Cactus V6ii with HSS. But I guess that's to be expected.
Which firmware? And are you using the X mode on the dial? Or M?
Well guys, sorry it took me so long to get back on here. Did either of you happen to get your camera wet? I'm pretty sure that was what caused my problem. I got caught in the rain with it and it got pretty damp. It was a few days later that my problems started. I procrastinated for several weeks before I got ready to send it in for repairs but before boxing it up, I decided to try one more time and everything worked perfectly! That was a few months ago, and no troubles since. I guess there was moisture in there and it took some time to dry up. I hope your issues were self correcting too!