Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2016, 04:07 AM   #1

Pentax K Lenses on 67 Mount

Hi folks,
i'm not sure either if it's the right section and a question with sense, i was looking for an adapter to use pentax K lenses on 67 mount, i know that using a lens made for a smaller sensor can bring some issues (corner softness and aberrations, sharpness etc) i would like to know if is there anything available

thanks in advance

10-10-2016, 04:29 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't think there is. The 6x7 format is more than twice FF size, so K-mount lenses wouldn't make much sense.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-10-2016, 05:09 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I think you have to get that adapter specially made for you. Be aware that the focal flange distance is very different so you wouldn't be able to focus to infinity. Probably only in the macro range. When focusing that close the image circle will probably be significantly larger then normal, but not necessarily as big as 67. Vignetting would probably be very significant.

To sum it up, I think its a bad idea unless the purpose only are proof of concept.
10-10-2016, 09:19 AM   #4
Site Supporter

The only way you can use a 35mm format lens on a 6x7 camera is reversed. Pentax made a 6x7 mount adapter with a 49mm filter thread just for that purpose.

I have used my SuperTakumar 28/3.5 reversed on a 6x7 body for Macro work and it worked very well with around 5x magnification achieved. (With the 6x7 helicoid.extension tube)

Phil.