Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2016, 02:16 PM   #1

Any way to get stepped/faster scrolling in 16x live view ?

I'm not sure if there is a secret button combination to do this, but I would like to have to ability to move around the live view faster by scrolling every 8 pixels (or more). Right now scrolling around the frame is painfully slow, especially with manual focus lenses that disable the little white auto focus box. I'm sure this would be doable via a firmware update. In most scenarios I want to check focus 35% above the centre of frame, or below the centre of frame, and then quickly venture close to the bottom to confirm what edges of frame are doing.

Also, this is wishful thinking but I hope this will be doable one day on a future camera model: Split screen live view. Imagine the live view having a preset ability that would allow a 4 way split screen of a few regions of the frame. In situations where a good average of focus needs to be achieved, this would be a handy feature indeed.

11-21-2016, 02:20 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
No secret combination to do this, Larkis. Or, there is, but it's a really good secret!

11-21-2016, 03:16 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not yet, but I'm sure this is an area that will be improved on going forward.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: