Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2016, 06:32 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Thanks for the input! I have to admit that the Lee system has been on my radar for a while now, but as is the case with a lot of high-end equipment, I've had trouble reconciling the price with my skill level. "Buy once, cry once" has a certain internal logic, but sometimes domestic harmony is its own reward...
Right, and to be fair i own B+W screw mount CPLs for my 58 & 77mm threaded lenses for hand held shooting. I just drew the line at adding any ND or grad filters and buying through the range of thread sizes i regularly use up to that 82mm on the aforementioned 67 45mm f4.
I figured that the system would counter the cost pretty quickly if since I would end up spending $100-150 for each screw mount on average anyway.

If you do decide to venture down the path of a holder system, for what its worth I found the quality of the Lee's to be great and I use them with Canon L glass on my DSLR as well. I also think they clean up quite easily with lens cleaner and a microfiber cloth. (IMHO)

11-30-2016, 08:10 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Silent Street Quote
had no idea a filter could be fitted into the rear holder!!

SS/Johnsey--thanks for the input...that's an interesting take on acrylic filters. (As an eyeglass wearer, I always thought of polycarbonate lenses as tougher, albeit more easily scratched. No doubt I would shed a manly tear with either if I bounced one down a creekbed, though.)

Otherwise, the drop-in filters for the 45/4 are a really neat idea, especially if you're shooting B&W film...I must admit that a lot of the charm of the P 67 system is working with a "mature" technology that features those kind of refinements.