Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
12-01-2016, 07:35 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
By all means disagree with me, but we can keep the discussion friendly
I'll get friendly when people stop thinking Pentax simply has to do what everyone else is doing in order to be more mainstream.

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
This?
you forgot the add the green box auto mode, and the screen that flips out the right way so users can take selfies.

12-01-2016, 10:14 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This?
Yes I would be happy with that.

Ol' Pentax needs to innovate. I love the Z but it's a bit of a brick.

It could do with the following features;:

- add on EVF. Keep the OVF as it can add a little value.
- reduce body size to same as this image
- add Electronic first curtain shutter. Portrait tripod work at some shutter speeds is unusable.
- add 45s, 60s, 90s, 120s, 150s, 180s etc exposure times to M mode by scrolling the dial.
- give us some highly corrected, light f/5.6 landscape lenses. 23, 45-90, 90-180
12-01-2016, 10:29 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 2351HD Quote
Yes I would be happy with that.

Ol' Pentax needs to innovate. I love the Z but it's a bit of a brick.

It could do with the following features;:

- add on EVF. Keep the OVF as it can add a little value.
- reduce body size to same as this image
- add Electronic first curtain shutter. Portrait tripod work at some shutter speeds is unusable.
- add 45s, 60s, 90s, 120s, 150s, 180s etc exposure times to M mode by scrolling the dial.
- give us some highly corrected, light f/5.6 landscape lenses. 23, 45-90, 90-180
when I see this cut off when it first come out I think there is a lot of potential to cut the "boxy" look.

there is quite some space that can be shave off after the sensor.... and I hope they will do that in next iteration.
12-01-2016, 12:12 PM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
But it would reduce the amount of space for the all important AD converters, frame buffer memory and critical circuitry, as well as the space needed to reduce and control the heat coming from such a large sensor.
A/D conversion is done on-sensor as with all modern CMOS sensors.
Circuitry-wise, digital cameras are positively dinosaur-class in terms of complexity and miniaturization, as modern smartphones pack much more power into a form-factor even the smallest of P&S cameras would be jealous of, and even then 90% of the phone is the display and battery.
Sure, the iPhone or similar push fewer pixels (120mp per second burst vs 154mp), but on the whole you'd think that with 50x the internal volume you could do better than that. Heat in compact cameras is only a problem when shooting video, and in the thinnest cameras like the Sony A7 series there isn't much that's complained about quite frankly.
Even if heavily reduced in size, the 645X or whatever would still be a bigger camera than either the 'Blad or Fuji, and those companies are comfortable enough about their designs to release them as a product. I doubt there'd be a cooling issue.

when I see this cut off when it first come out I think there is a lot of potential to cut the "boxy" look.
there is quite some space that can be shave off after the sensor.... and I hope they will do that in next iteration.
That, and more nose room to prevent smudges on the LCD!

12-07-2016, 08:52 AM   #20
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
oh yes, lets all jump on that bandwagon...as if that is going to solve everything.

But it would reduce the amount of space for the all important AD converters, frame buffer memory and critical circuitry, as well as the space needed to reduce and control the heat coming from such a large sensor.
Of course it wouldn't solve everything, but when spending that kind of money it's not insane to want some problems solved...
12-18-2016, 09:21 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter

trying to make the 645 line of cameras "all things to all people" is like going too far out on a thin limb. it's medium format guys, not a sport camera. great in the studio and ok for some field use and landscapes. there are plenty of pentax cameras for other purposes.