Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2017, 10:23 AM   #31
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
It is.

who would use iso 800k anyway ?
Depending on what you shoot, you might be surprised how useful that could be if you had it. I use the 645D and the Sony A7RII - and the Sony is a new world of photography. I like my D, but there are things you just can't shoot with it and that the Sony makes possible. For me, shooting handheld at night (under some conditions) is a dream come true, and I'd only like to see that get better.

Last edited by petrakka; 01-27-2017 at 10:49 AM.
01-27-2017, 12:45 PM   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by petrakka Quote
Depending on what you shoot, you might be surprised how useful that could be if you had it. I use the 645D and the Sony A7RII - and the Sony is a new world of photography. I like my D, but there are things you just can't shoot with it and that the Sony makes possible. For me, shooting handheld at night (under some conditions) is a dream come true, and I'd only like to see that get better.
Do you have example of those photos?
I mean, 5000 ISO on a Varicam right now it's effective if you want to shoot with mostly available light, and the noise level is decent. But I hardly shoot above 1600 ISO on digital cinema, I prefer to light things how I like, instead of only using available light.
I haven't even thought of using a still camera with a high ISO, I shoot long exposure at night, that's the advantages of stills.
So I would like to see why people need such high ISO's.
01-29-2017, 09:57 PM - 1 Like   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pablo Villegas Quote
Do you have example of those photos?
I mean, 5000 ISO on a Varicam right now it's effective if you want to shoot with mostly available light, and the noise level is decent. But I hardly shoot above 1600 ISO on digital cinema, I prefer to light things how I like, instead of only using available light.
I haven't even thought of using a still camera with a high ISO, I shoot long exposure at night, that's the advantages of stills.

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is an example of mine.

I was somewhat surprised I was able to get something that at least looked alright, but Id like to get something better though. this was at 6400, hand held, natural light. When I took this, I was hoping for the best and was surprised on what I was able to get. this was the one case where I didn't have a tripod, and didn't want to have a long exposure because I didn't want the cars to have a trail.

Maybe having something with a higher iso would help with that, a cleaner look around 3600/6400.
01-30-2017, 12:21 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Wow is right! It means the camera needs more memory than most desktop PCs have.

And the kinds of sensors that put out this much data this quickly have heatsinks and fans.

---------- Post added 12-23-16 at 05:56 AM ----------

The high ISO performance of the latest generation of cameras is really being limited by the physics of the light, not the sensor. There's simply not enough photons per exposure to accurately estimate the level and color. To get higher ISO performance, the camera either needs much lower resolution or much larger sensors.

This gave me the giggles ,