Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-01-2017, 12:45 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
645z ISO range test

Overcast today and not good for pictures, was bored and took a couple of test shots trying out the ISO range of the 645z. Looks like it covered the full dynamic range from dark to very bright.

I made two collages, one with no corrections and the other with my quick attempt to reduce noise in the high ISO ranges. If anybody wants to take a shot at correcting ISO noise I will public share the original DNG files from the camera, on condition that you eventually share the DNG files back to the forum. Would be interesting to see what others can tweak out of editing.

The greens are rather dull, which is the result of a winter long pollution "raining" down on the leaves. If you zoom in close you can see the dust on the leaves. - Unfortunately but part of modern life.

Theuns

---------- Post added 2017-02-01 at 03:46 PM ----------

Unfortunately a lot of the quality is lost by posting on the forum, which makes comparing noise difficult.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
02-01-2017, 03:38 AM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I'd be interested to play with the high ISO files, if you're happy to share them, and I'd be more than happy to share the results. It's something I spend quite a bit of time processing high ISO images from both my APS-C and full-frame cameras, and I'd like to see how much better the 645Z can manage with its large sensor
02-01-2017, 12:15 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
The camera raw (DNG) files can be downloaded from this link:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Have fun!!!
Theuns

Last edited by TDvN57; 02-01-2017 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Spelling