Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-07-2017, 09:47 AM   #1

645z Wireless Transfer to Ipad?

I have searched the forum and seen lots of complaints on various methods. Bought an Eye Fi Mobi off Amazon. I see the cards have been discontinued now. I just get a "Memory Card Error" message when I insert it in either slot. The Keenai app hangs up after I enter the serial number, possibly because it can't see the card. Is it just me or is this a total crock of ___ and a 7K camera should have this all built in seamlessly? End of rant. Is there ANY way to just get a small jpeg to the iPad for cursory review?

Last edited by MarkJerling; 03-05-2017 at 04:34 PM.
02-07-2017, 11:33 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by thomasfallon Quote
Is it just me or is this a total crock of s***
Hey, you want to keep this family friendly? There are impressionable children watching. What do ya say?
02-07-2017, 11:37 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The card should work (assuming eyefi's software still supports it). Try formatting it in camera.

The official wireless solution is the O-FC1 flucard, which works fine but has since been superseded by native Wi-Fi in newer models.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-07-2017, 11:45 AM   #4

Original Poster
Tried that. The card won't format in the camera. I read comments on here about the Flucard such as "The Flucard is joke.: That did not inspire me.

02-07-2017, 12:38 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thomasfallon Quote
Tried that. The card won't format in the camera. I read comments on here about the Flucard such as "The Flucard is joke.: That did not inspire me.
Card won't format? Assuming it was that way out of the box, return it for full credit as defective. If the factory format was initially good and you had used it on a personal computer before trying your camera, it may be there is corruption that may be remedied by formatting using the utility from the SD Association web site.*

SD Card Formatter - SD Association

Use the option for Full (Overwrite) and reformat using the camera before taking pictures.

As for wireless to an iPad...your options are the same today as when you purchased your camera...Eye Fi or Flucard, chose your poison.

Steve

* This is the standard recommendation when people get the "Memory Card Error". The cause is usually either a format attempt using the computer OS or other-than-clean unmount/eject before removing the card from a reader.

Last edited by stevebrot; 02-07-2017 at 12:50 PM.
02-07-2017, 01:10 PM   #6

I confirm the Eye-Fi card works really well in my 645z, including the in-camera menu option to enable or disable wi-fi transfer. So I guess it is a defective card you have.
02-09-2017, 12:16 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Just hunt for a Pentax version of the Flucard.

02-09-2017, 02:43 PM - 2 Likes   #8

Original Poster
All your comments were helpful. Thanks so much. I can only guess the card I had was defective. Never would format. Never seen by the app. So I got a Flucard. Took about five minutes to set up. This will certainly meet my needs for now. I want to use it for light painting, so I am not looking for speed. Very helpful to get live view through the lens while I am at subject position holding the light. Jpegs come up in a few seconds to confirm exposure. Put me in the happy camper category.