Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
03-05-2017, 04:04 PM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yes I agree.

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Which is why I said "any glaring superiority over the competition".
Look around and the comparator images and the Pentax does better on the cloth swatches and the Fiddler bottle.
The Scale rule on the right, are about the same.
Notice that the black bristle brush in that same area, the Pentax picked up a bit more details, however, notice that the reflection is also different which does mean that the lighting setup has been changed and makes it less "1:1" as we'd think (since the light direction will influence how much contrast brushes over the objects, creating apparent detail)
The Fuji gets better edges and the mosaic bottle.

So like I said, win here loose there, it just does not show that Fuji got any more out of the sensor than anyone else (no only Pentax)

Furthermore, these are OOC JPGs and a 63mm lens vs a 50mm lens, if we want to be picky, though in a 'real world' context, I'm able to accept the differences.

This sort of stuff thrown up online can be deceptive....taking into account the Fuji only started shipping a few days ago with the initial firmware(they are renowned at updating)....there will be further comparisons down the track....

Id like to see a comparision using the same lens....the adapters are( or almost are) available.

It'll be interesting to see a Z/GF50/X1D 3 way shootout, someone will do it!