Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2017, 02:13 AM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
I am with you on that one. However those adapters allowed me to use my Three Amigos on a Sony a6000 for some good looking video clips. It is a pain in the neck to use but the results are well worth it. Having the option to use manual lenses and the fact that some people are now rebelling against auto anything, it is not a bad thing to go back to 1990 or even earlier!!!
You illustrated a point about mirrorless that I thinks is often overlooked: mirrorless cameras are great for people who want to use other brands lenses, they may not be so good to the mirrorless camera manufactures' own bottom line if few native lenses are sold.

02-28-2017, 02:41 AM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Its not in their MF, its a Bayer
I know, what I mean is that Fuji has never shown any glaring superiority over the competition given "like" sensor.
02-28-2017, 04:06 AM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Fuji medium format is fine. The biggest plus is its small size and if you like mirrorless cameras, all the stuff that goes with mirrorless cameras. The biggest negatives are only three lenses at this point and the fact that it won't be future proof if larger medium format sensors take off. The sensor is the same as 645z, meaning that if you are someone who shoots raw and does any post processing, you probably won't see much difference between raw output, although it is a bit of an old sensor, it still has great output.

I do hope Pentax continues developing new lenses and bodies for this market. I imagine they are, they just aren't a company that signals ahead of time what they are doing, just tend to release things when they are ready.
02-28-2017, 09:33 AM   #49

I have just looked into the German manual of the Fuji GFX.

There are things like ...
- In the case of flash lighting, the white balance only works in the Auto and Underwater modes.
- The electronic shutter can not be used with a flash (not at all).
- There are no presets you can save.
Etc...

Alone that I have in the league with the flashing only a auto WB is completely indiscutable.
I remember the Fuji (currently) to a Playstation. My 645Z is in contrast a solid tool.

There are pictures of the Fuji in full resolution as RAW + JPEG with the 63er published.

LINK:

Look at the pictures with the high apertures in the border area exactly. That does not convince me.

Greeting Gerd

02-28-2017, 12:47 PM   #50
Pentaxian

WHATS THE SCORE?

Fuji started shipping Feb 28th....are they on the board yet?

---------- Post added 03-01-17 at 06:51 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by LightBug Quote
mirrorless cameras are great for people who want to use other brands lenses
Yes, and there are already adapters for plenty of different lenses, including Pentax.

Also, its been reported that some FF glass will cover the sensor in the GFX.
02-28-2017, 01:19 PM   #51
Veteran Member

WHATS THE SCORE?

Fuji started shipping Feb 28th....are they on the board yet?

---------- Post added 03-01-17 at 06:51 AM ----------

Yes, and there are already adapters for plenty of different lenses, including Pentax.

Also, its been reported that some FF glass will cover the sensor in the GFX.

Its interesting looking at pictures of people placing some canon eos gear on the gfx. I guess the canon 24mm ts covers the full image circle.

02-28-2017, 01:40 PM   #52

QuoteOriginally posted by Fcsnt54 Quote
Its interesting looking at pictures of people placing some canon eos gear on the gfx. I guess the canon 24mm ts covers the full image circle.
The 17 and 24mm TS-E's have 68mm image circles whilst those of the 45 and 90mm are smaller but still adequate with more limited tilt and shift.

02-28-2017, 02:08 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
You guys have to remember that my original post was not "Pentax MF is shit", it was about the lack of communication and poor performance in getting product on the roadmap to market.

I am staying with my 645z for the immediate future to see what transpires. My old FA 80-160 is a little old and out of nick now, plus I dearly want a standard zoom like the 45-85 but I don't want to get another old FA one.
02-28-2017, 02:57 PM   #54
Pentaxian

---------- Post added 03-01-17 at 08:59 AM ----------

If Size "matters"....Canon beats Fujis "biggest"

---------- Post added 03-01-17 at 09:14 AM ----------

K1 size and volume is very close to Fuji.
03-04-2017, 03:47 PM - 1 Like   #55
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Fuji has never shown any glaring superiority over the competition given "like" sensor.

from Imaging Resource, they seem to think the Fuji image(left)is a bit better than 645z(right)
03-04-2017, 03:54 PM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

from Imaging Resource, they seem to think the Fuji image(left)is a bit better than 645z(right)
Interesting comparison. The 645Z image looks like it isn't quite in focus, but that may be just the problem with comparing different bodies, unless you use the same lens. Colour rendition looks to be very close, in both cases.
03-04-2017, 04:11 PM   #57
Veteran Member

I think the fuji looks better in this comparison, does it say which lenses were used? Was it the 63 and the 55?

03-04-2017, 04:35 PM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What's up with the different lighting on the upper border. Doesn't seem like the same lighting set up which makes even the lens comparison redundant.
03-04-2017, 05:21 PM   #59
Pentaxian

Check imaging resource,there's probably more to look at there....they want to get a Hasselgood XD1 and do some sort of comparison test as well.May be interesting to some?
03-05-2017, 03:51 PM   #60
Pentaxian

Which is why I said "any glaring superiority over the competition".
Look around and the comparator images and the Pentax does better on the cloth swatches and the Fiddler bottle.
The Scale rule on the right, are about the same.
Notice that the black bristle brush in that same area, the Pentax picked up a bit more details, however, notice that the reflection is also different which does mean that the lighting setup has been changed and makes it less "1:1" as we'd think (since the light direction will influence how much contrast brushes over the objects, creating apparent detail)
The Fuji gets better edges and the mosaic bottle.

So like I said, win here loose there, it just does not show that Fuji got any more out of the sensor than anyone else (no only Pentax)

Furthermore, these are OOC JPGs and a 63mm lens vs a 50mm lens, if we want to be picky, though in a 'real world' context, I'm able to accept the differences.