Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2017, 12:54 PM   #1

xray damaged 120 film

a strange request but im looking for x-ray damaged unused 120 film.

anyone out there have any??

03-13-2017, 01:46 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It would be easier for you to buy a couple rolls of 120 film and leave it your checked luggage on your next flight.

It should get fried when your luggage is scanned by the big x-ray machines used for scanning checked luggage. The faster the film the more fogged it should get.

Phil.
03-13-2017, 02:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That is the strangest question I have ever come across on any fora!

But Phil is right: you'll have struck paydirt if you go to play with your films after a couple of passes through the checked luggage Godzilla.

Post your results here to prove to the None Believers just what can and does happen. Walk-through X-ray, as in Customs is by comparison, harmless, though the cumulative effect is still a real risk for higher speed films (>800ISO).

Last edited by Silent Street; 03-13-2017 at 06:58 PM.
03-13-2017, 05:41 PM   #4

Not sure if he had the film pass through the checked bag scanner or just the regular one (though with Delta 3200 the latter might have been as effective), either way a former schoolmate of mine based a project of his on that very principle. You can have a look at a couple of pictures here Paris Aéroport - The airport as you have never seen it!... | Facebook

03-13-2017, 07:03 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hooverfocus Quote
Not sure if he had the film pass through the checked bag scanner or just the regular one (though with Delta 3200 the latter might have been as effective), either way a former schoolmate of mine based a project of his on that very principle. You can have a look at a couple of pictures here Paris Aéroport - The airport as you have never seen it!... | Facebook

Is that Charles De Gaulle??
Not being on Farcebook, all I could see was four representative pics.
Some time around April 2015 a post was made on a forum ... 500px??... of a roll of P3200 being bleached white after travelling through 5 airports in luggage.
I use P3200 in my Zero Image pinhole and that always comes with me as carry-on, and the film is not removed from its foil wrapper until at the destination.
03-13-2017, 08:46 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by holidayformat Quote
a strange request but im looking for x-ray damaged unused 120 film.

anyone out there have any??
Why? $, effect, curiosity?
03-14-2017, 04:47 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Silent Street Quote
Is that Charles De Gaulle??
Not being on Farcebook, all I could see was four representative pics.
Some time around April 2015 a post was made on a forum ... 500px??... of a roll of P3200 being bleached white after travelling through 5 airports in luggage.
I use P3200 in my Zero Image pinhole and that always comes with me as carry-on, and the film is not removed from its foil wrapper until at the destination.
The pictures are marked public therefore they should be visible to anyone. Indeed, it's CDG! Last year they stuck a partnership with my (former) school so that 2nd year students could reimagine/reinvent the airport through photography. Some did quite interesting stuff, I've got to say!
I'm only slightly pissed that it wasn't my year I had always wanted to do something at CDG, as I had to pass through it a lot going back and forth from Paris to home.