Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2017, 01:58 AM   #1

Offer on lenses, are they worth much?

So, i have always wanted to see whats going on far away.. and well this guy i am talking with has the following lenses for sale

Carl Zeiss Jena DDR Pentacon 500mm f5.6
and

Carl Zeiss Jena DDR Spiegelobjektiv 1000mm f5.6

What prices should i expect on these two lenses? the Zeiss seems to a bit of a beast in price and weight hehe.

I was planning on getting a 67 to 645 converter and mount them on my 645z, is that madness or a fine idea ?

04-21-2017, 03:16 AM   #2
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by synonyms Quote
So, i have always wanted to see whats going on far away.. and well this guy i am talking with has the following lenses for sale

and

What prices should i expect on these two lenses? the Zeiss seems to a bit of a beast in price and weight hehe.
I was planning on getting a 67 to 645 converter and mount them on my 645z, is that madness or a fine idea ?
I'm guessing that these are both Pentacon Six mount lenses and therefore a 645-P6 adapter/convertor would be the best option.....Hartblei make a decent version of this.
04-21-2017, 04:43 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

and

You might like to find out if it's a Zeiss 500/5.6 with a Pentacon 6 mount or a Pentacon 500/5.6.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob L Quote
Hartblei make a decent version of this.
IIRC hartblei.com is a bit of a scam (1, 2) and the german hartblei does not make adapters as far as I can see, so keep that in mind if your want to order of them.
04-21-2017, 07:11 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Topsy Quote
IIRC hartblei.com is a bit of a scam (1, 2) and the german hartblei does not make adapters as far as I can see, so keep that in mind if your want to order of them.
In my dealings with them I've not received anything other than prompt service and quality merchandise......nothing hinting of dubious practices or scams.

The website is Hartblei Super-Rotator Tilt Shift Professional Lenses & Adapter Rings and there are numerous adapters available together with their range of SuperRotator TS lenses. I have three of their P6-P645 adapters, the most recent was purchased in February this year, and they seem very well made especially when I compare them to an additional one that I have from a different manufacturer.

Bob

04-21-2017, 07:19 AM   #5

Original Poster
besides the whole converter situation, does any of you guys know about the prices of these lenses and if they are worth buying (quality and so on) i have found very little data to back up the whole ordeal. the 1000mm goes for 2k+ usd on ebay, but is it actually worth that price.
04-21-2017, 07:51 AM   #6
Site Supporter

...... the 1000mm goes for 2k+ usd on ebay, but is it actually worth that price.
It's 14.5kg (32lbs) so I suspect it's worth that price in scrap aluminium.

My records don't show that CZJ made a 500/5.6 and the f/8 version is only suitable on 35mm bodies.....are you certain that it's not the Meyer-Gorlitz Pentacon 500/5.6 (usually around $200-250)?

Bob
04-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #7

Original Poster
hey bob, im not always very good at reading between the lines, i do get there must be a ton of alu in that lens, but are you insinuating that íts not nessasarily the best or worth the purchase?
04-21-2017, 10:54 AM   #8
Site Supporter

I have no personal experience of the lens and was chipping in about the 500/5.6.

The guy who runs the Pentacon Six website (UK based) has tested many lenses and I respect his opinions so it may be worthwhile having a read through this;
Pentacon Six: 1000mm lenses

Bob