Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-26-2017, 09:58 AM   #1
Veteran Member

This hasn't happened since high school, I swear...

Ran into a bit of glitch during this morning's shoot with my P67: with a (Pentax brand) cable release threaded into the shutter release, activating the MLU lever seemed to trip the shutter (though not at the speed at which the shutter dial was set at.) Any thoughts on what's happening? This was only my third roll through the camera, but the first two rolls didn't set off this behavior.

04-26-2017, 11:55 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check battery
04-26-2017, 12:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Check battery

Will do, thanks! (FWIW, the battery indicator is lighting fine, but I need to get a spare or two just to have.)
04-26-2017, 11:30 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I don't really think it's a battery issue, but possibly the shutter / solenoid interdependency. I cannot see how tripping the MLU can in some way trip the shutter (I've just tried it on my own P67). If this glitch (or is it a feature??) persists, further investigation is warranted, besides a cursory replacement of the battery "just-in-case".

04-27-2017, 05:35 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, SS! A quick Web search revealed that other folks have had this problem--one of those classic, frustrating "intermittent" glitches it seems. I think I've found a work-around using the shutter lock (luckily I don't have to work quickly) but fortunately Eric Hendrickson actually lives just up the road from me, so that's a bit of a life-line in case I start having too many empty frames.
05-23-2017, 01:16 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Check battery

And a big thanks to Matt--swapping out a new battery seems to have gotten me back on-line. I wish I hadn't chewed up a relatively expensive roll of Velvia 50 in the meantime (all while perched precariously over a Smoky Mountain plunge-pool) but I'm getting a feeling that alms for St. Murphy is part of the buy-in for this system.