Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2017, 06:57 AM   #1

Did i just strike a great bargin?

So where I live there isn't very often Pentax stuff for sale online, but I just agreed to buy this bundle of a guy and he will be here in about 40 minutes or so.
I initially just wanted the 35mm and the 45-85 but hesitated a bit, and he then suggested the 816 usd for the whole package. I am planning on selling everything except the two lenses (and maybe the leaf shutter). Is this a good deal or have I managed to jump onboard without checking up on things?

Pentax 645n
Flash AF-500ftz
Flash AF-280T
SMC A 35 1:3.5.
SMC A 45mm
SMC FA 45-85mm 1:4.5
SMC LS 135mm 1:4
SMC A 150mm 1:3.5
Besides this, there are a few things, various filters, lens pouches and what looks like a 6/7 to 645 lens converter.

Lenses are in very good condition and the 645n has a bit of sluggishness but works fine.

all the best.

Last edited by synonyms; 06-14-2017 at 02:05 AM.
06-13-2017, 10:24 AM   #2

Nice find, I wish there was a kit like this when i picked up my 645n.
06-13-2017, 10:10 PM   #3

Original Poster
Johnsey, Not everything about the deal was totally perfect. He told me the lenses was in very good condition, but i can conclude that the 45mm is pretty loose and the plastic ring on the front of the ring is broken. Not that it has any effect on the glass, but saying the lenses is in very good condition was over the top.

But that's not actually the worst part. it seems he was a bit liberal about the full condition of the 645n, it has mirror stuck issues which i have read about before. Basically, when I shoot in landscape (without film but with a testing back) the mirror sticks to the sealing of the camera.

I am still pretty satisfied with my 35mm, 45-85mm FA and 135 LS lenses, so no complain, but it would be great if one of you guys knew how to deal with this? I have attached 2 youtube videoes illustrating the issue. I am using the included "testing" back, i have noted that there is a thread here on the forums that state i should never take pictures with the camera without a film in the camera. But using the testing back should negate this issue right?

Attached Images

06-13-2017, 10:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Mirror actuation / return circuit sluggishness (?)
There is a possibility that the shutter was fired during a lens change; this action can effectively kill a circuit within the camera and is not repaired by Ricoh-Pentax. Whether this can occur through "dry firing" the camera with the lens off, as you have done in the video, is a matter of conjecture — I would not do it though.

06-14-2017, 09:32 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Almost certainly a simple $50 foam job, nothing to do with the circuit. The possibility of a circuit being fried the way you theorize is vanishingly small. If not the foam, then more likely a lubrication issue.
would you care to elaborate on what a foam job is ? I would be pretty greatfull if this could be fixed for 50 usd Do you have any suggestions on how i could diagnose the issue more head on ? i have noticed that if i turn it upside down or on the side, it shoots as it should.
06-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #6

Original Poster
Who is this magical creature Eric of which you are speaking, and is he by any chance located in the areas of either the middle east or Europe ?

If a regreasing is needed, i need to find someone within my vicinity