Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2017, 03:26 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
From what I hear the Fuji is awkward in ergonomic terms
Yes it certainly has the goods, but I didn't like using it at all.

10-04-2017, 09:32 PM - 2 Likes   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
From what I hear the Fuji is awkward in ergonomic terms

Yes, I found it to be so, which negated the advantage of the smaller size/lighter weight. Though I ultimately wound up selling it for an unrelated reason, I will not buy another one when the funds become available again. I found I really, really, do not like EVFs and missed the ergonomics and viewfinder of the 645Z.
10-04-2017, 09:58 PM - 1 Like   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
ha, i recently flew with a Pelican 1520 (airline approved for overhead compartment stowage) containing 645Z and 4 lenses (DFA35, DFA55, DFA90, FA150) plus timer, batteries, all hoods, misc. accessories. It was a lightweight rig with enough focal lengths to get some good pics.
That's what I took my D kit to Honduras in. Worked great for that trip but I didn't take it or the K-1 to Africa. Kept that light as I could with the K-3 and don't regret that decision.
10-05-2017, 12:48 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by loveisageless Quote
Yes, I found it to be so, which negated the advantage of the smaller size/lighter weight. Though I ultimately wound up selling it for an unrelated reason, I will not buy another one when the funds become available again. I found I really, really, do not like EVFs and missed the ergonomics and viewfinder of the 645Z.
I didn't mind the ergonomics of the Fuji, although I am still happy to pay the size/weight penalty to get the ergonomics, weatherproofing and robustness (proved to me in a fall) of the Z. As far as EVF's go, I'm not against them: there are times when they can be great. I don't like the Fuji's, however---I'm one of those bothered by its flicker. And the OVF of the Z is pretty awesome, so it's a bit of an unfair comparison---it's an adjustment when I pick up my K1 which has a nice OVF.