Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2017, 11:14 PM   #1

Pentax 6x7 Wind Lever Doesn't Stop & Frame Counter Resets to 0

I recently bought a 6x7. Everything was fine for the first roll. The wind lever would stop after the shutter was cocked. As I went to load my second roll of film into the camera I noticed that the frame counter had reset to zero instead of the three dots before it. Shortly after noticing this I also noticed that the wind lever was still able to cock the shutter even though the back of the camera was open. The shutter will also fire with the back of the camera open. I tested the camera to see if I just needed to load film into the camera to make the problem disappear but the persisted. The wind lever never stops, continuously advancing the film inside. Has anyone ever experienced this problem? If so, what exactly is the problem? I'm not sure if it's something that I caused or if the problem was already present.

06-29-2017, 01:58 PM   #2
Pentaxian

You might try turning the knurled button in the center of the frame counter back to the first dot with a pencil eraser. I have never tried this so not sure if that will work. That same button is used to fire the camera without film, by turning it with the back open, then closing it with the counter on frame 1.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, 645z, 6x7 issue, 6x7 wind lever, camera, counter, film, film winder issue, frame, frame counter, frame counter resets, lever, medium format, pentax 6x7 wind, shutter, slipping film winder, stuck film winder, wind