Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-29-2017, 03:57 AM   #1

645D Unexpected stop respond!

Hi!
Can you please help me!
I have my 645D camera stop responding in a middle of shooting every time when tethered to my PC via mini usb cable. I use 2/5/10m long mini Usb- Usb cable, Pentax image transmitter and Lightroom. Windows 7 altough it realy doesn't matter as I have exactly same problem with other PC and laptops. Usually it takes up to 20-60 images passed before camera stop responding. It always stops in a middle of transmition. Pentax Image transmitter's window sais "could not retreive image" and that's it. Camera is dead. No buttons work even if I unplugg the cable. If I turn camera off it still working trying to send image to laptop. The only one solution I could find is... take the battery out of body. Please, any ideas and suggestions are very welcome before I contact service centre. Thank you!!

06-29-2017, 04:29 AM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Having to do a battery pull following a crash is normal. I wonder if there are some corrupted files on the card? If not, it could simply be a bug in IT. Does the same happen both with and without lightroom?

I'd also try a different cable, just in case.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-29-2017, 04:52 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Having to do a battery pull following a crash is normal. I wonder if there are some corrupted files on the card? If not, it could simply be a bug in IT. Does the same happen both with and without lightroom?

I'd also try a different cable, just in case.
Thank you Adam! I never had such problem when shooting untethered with the same cards. Guess the cards are ok. I will try another cable and shooting without Lightroom. Will see! Thank you anyway!
06-29-2017, 09:33 PM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One thing I forgot to mention, make sure you have the latest version of IT- there are updates here:

Software Downloads : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-30-2017, 07:32 PM   #5

I would try and update the camera firmware, and if that does not work try a new tether cable.
06-30-2017, 08:44 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bumgardnern Quote
I would try and update the camera firmware, and if that does not work try a new tether cable.
Already ordered new Tether Tools at BH. Thank you!