Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2017, 01:22 PM   #1
New Member




Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 5
645 120mm f4 FA Macro Like loose Elements inside?

Hello all, I just got a used Pentax 120mm f4 FA macro and noticed when I take the lens a shake it a bit I hear like elements sounds and was not sure if this was normal with the lens be used a lot?

Nothing feels like it's loose but never had the 120 Macro f4 FA lens and looking for feedback as to that normal or no it not!

Thanks
zman


Last edited by zman500; 07-07-2017 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Correct header
07-07-2017, 03:53 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Buffy's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Greater Boston area, Massachusetts
Posts: 375
QuoteOriginally posted by zman500 Quote
Hello all, I just got a used Pentax 120mm f4 FA macro and noticed when I take the lens a shake it a bit I hear like elements sounds and was not sure if this was normal with the lens be used a lot?

Nothing feels like it's loose but never had the 120 Macro f4 FA lens and looking for feedback as to that normal or no it not!

Thanks
zman
My copy of this lens does not make any noise when lightly shaken.
07-07-2017, 04:06 PM   #3
New Member




Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 5
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Buffy Quote
My copy of this lens does not make any noise when lightly shaken.
Ok thanks not what I wanted to hear but is it well used or like new? This is well used and not brand new but that's $2700 and the used 1 was $400 and a 6 mo warranty.

Christopher
07-08-2017, 07:28 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Buffy's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Greater Boston area, Massachusetts
Posts: 375
QuoteOriginally posted by zman500 Quote
Ok thanks not what I wanted to hear but is it well used or like new? This is well used and not brand new but that's $2700 and the used 1 was $400 and a 6 mo warranty.

Christopher
I got mine used about ten years ago, also about $400. It was (and still is) in excellent shape, not a mark on it.

07-08-2017, 04:02 PM   #5
New Member




Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 5
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Buffy Quote
I got mine used about ten years ago, also about $400. It was (and still is) in excellent shape, not a mark on it.
Nice!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
120mm, 120mm f4 fa, 645d, 645z, camera, f4, f4 fa macro, fa, lens, macro, medium format
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: PENTAX 645Z with D FA 55mm. Also D FA645 35MM and FA 645 MACRO 120MM and extras JohnCameron Sold Items 12 09-27-2017 03:46 PM
FA* 85 1.4 -- Alternate hoods -- Will the one from 645 FA 120mm F4 Macro fit? Moe49 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 16 07-31-2016 05:15 AM
For Sale - Sold: SMC Pentax-A 645 Macro 1:4 120mm with Tiffen Haze-1 and 645-K Adapter Spenz Sold Items 5 07-06-2016 10:19 AM
Pentax 645 120mm macro and Pentax 645 35mm lenses and Pentax 6x7 45mm lens. Newmoon Pentax Medium Format 11 03-14-2012 02:10 PM
Performance of 645 FA 120mm f4 macro lens at long focusing distances Ed Hurst Pentax Medium Format 16 01-09-2012 10:17 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:34 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top