Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2017, 04:04 AM   #1
Junior Member




Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 39
645Z customization

I recently updated to firmware 1.30 for night vision display. It got me to thinking about being able to activate it with one button; not going through menus. What is the process of button customization on the Z? How flexible is it? I rarely need to go into the menus when out shooting. But, night vision peeked my interest in customization.

09-08-2017, 04:40 AM   #2
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 1,172
I'm going to watch this thread. Still haven't gotten around to customizing mine! Maybe in the next few weeks.

BTW, are you in DC? I work at the Hirshhorn (although I'm on "patrol" for the next 6 weeks out in Seattle and then L.A.)
09-08-2017, 07:52 AM   #3
Forum Member




Join Date: Jul 2017
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 51
QuoteOriginally posted by KDINDC Quote
I recently updated to firmware 1.30 for night vision display. It got me to thinking about being able to activate it with one button; not going through menus. What is the process of button customization on the Z? How flexible is it? I rarely need to go into the menus when out shooting. But, night vision peeked my interest in customization.
Line 4 in the Camera Menu. It doesn't offer very much, and won't do what you are asking.
Attached Images
   
09-08-2017, 11:46 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 48,886
QuoteOriginally posted by KDINDC Quote
I recently updated to firmware 1.30 for night vision display. It got me to thinking about being able to activate it with one button; not going through menus. What is the process of button customization on the Z? How flexible is it? I rarely need to go into the menus when out shooting. But, night vision peeked my interest in customization.
The 645Z does not have a customizable control panel, so you can't add the setting there. But it's possible that the firmware added it to one of the menus shown above so I would check that first.

Otherwise I think you could create a USER mode with night vision enabled and quickly switch to it that way.


Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-08-2017, 09:03 PM   #5
Junior Member




Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 39
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
I'm going to watch this thread. Still haven't gotten around to customizing mine! Maybe in the next few weeks.

BTW, are you in DC? I work at the Hirshhorn (although I'm on "patrol" for the next 6 weeks out in Seattle and then L.A.)
Yes, I'm in DC. Hirshhorn, pretty cool. It's one of my favorite places on the Mall. Have always loved the sculpture garden. If I may ask, what to you do for them?

---------- Post added 09-08-17 at 09:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The 645Z does not have a customizable control panel, so you can't add the setting there. But it's possible that the firmware added it to one of the menus shown above so I would check that first.

Otherwise I think you could create a USER mode with night vision enabled and quickly switch to it that way.
I tried creating a night vision User Mode. I renamed User 1 as Night. Set shutter speed, ISO, and night vision display. And saved. The Z retained all in the user mode; except the nigh vision display. Oh well.
09-09-2017, 07:38 AM   #6
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 1,172
QuoteOriginally posted by KDINDC Quote
Yes, I'm in DC. Hirshhorn, pretty cool. It's one of my favorite places on the Mall. Have always loved the sculpture garden. If I may ask, what to you do for them?
I was in the Exhibits department as an employee doing art handling and installations. Now I'm a contractor for them for the Kusama tour---off to Seattle and LA momentarily until the 19th of October---overseeing the de-installs and installs, some photography. Now I'm also doing photography for the museum, documentation, odd projects, and starting repro under the staff photographer. Just finishing up my first total photo contract documenting the Yoko Ono pieces from this summer. When I get back let's connect. I've got lenses you'll probably want to try, and a K1 for comparison if you don't already have one (you should....).
09-09-2017, 06:58 PM   #7
Junior Member




Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 39
Original Poster
Cool! Let's. Looking forward to it.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, 645z, button, camera, customization, dc, display, medium format, menus, mode, night, user, vision, weeks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
E dial customization sjovolde Pentax K-3 4 11-13-2015 12:26 AM
Digital Camera Utility 5 Tool Bar Customization k0og Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 13 03-28-2015 11:02 AM
Sigma's USB dock customization options preview JinDesu Photographic Industry and Professionals 7 04-26-2013 08:44 AM
ISO Button customization blanchjd Pentax K-5 9 05-11-2011 09:41 PM
White balance customization question Sew-Classic Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 5 07-05-2009 07:19 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:45 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top