Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2017, 04:04 AM   #1

645Z customization

I recently updated to firmware 1.30 for night vision display. It got me to thinking about being able to activate it with one button; not going through menus. What is the process of button customization on the Z? How flexible is it? I rarely need to go into the menus when out shooting. But, night vision peeked my interest in customization.

09-08-2017, 04:40 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm going to watch this thread. Still haven't gotten around to customizing mine! Maybe in the next few weeks.

BTW, are you in DC? I work at the Hirshhorn (although I'm on "patrol" for the next 6 weeks out in Seattle and then L.A.)
09-08-2017, 07:52 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by KDINDC Quote
I recently updated to firmware 1.30 for night vision display. It got me to thinking about being able to activate it with one button; not going through menus. What is the process of button customization on the Z? How flexible is it? I rarely need to go into the menus when out shooting. But, night vision peeked my interest in customization.
Line 4 in the Camera Menu. It doesn't offer very much, and won't do what you are asking.
Attached Images

09-08-2017, 11:46 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The 645Z does not have a customizable control panel, so you can't add the setting there. But it's possible that the firmware added it to one of the menus shown above so I would check that first.

Otherwise I think you could create a USER mode with night vision enabled and quickly switch to it that way.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-08-2017, 09:03 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
I'm going to watch this thread. Still haven't gotten around to customizing mine! Maybe in the next few weeks.

BTW, are you in DC? I work at the Hirshhorn (although I'm on "patrol" for the next 6 weeks out in Seattle and then L.A.)
Yes, I'm in DC. Hirshhorn, pretty cool. It's one of my favorite places on the Mall. Have always loved the sculpture garden. If I may ask, what to you do for them?

---------- Post added 09-08-17 at 09:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The 645Z does not have a customizable control panel, so you can't add the setting there. But it's possible that the firmware added it to one of the menus shown above so I would check that first.

Otherwise I think you could create a USER mode with night vision enabled and quickly switch to it that way.
I tried creating a night vision User Mode. I renamed User 1 as Night. Set shutter speed, ISO, and night vision display. And saved. The Z retained all in the user mode; except the nigh vision display. Oh well.
09-09-2017, 07:38 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yes, I'm in DC. Hirshhorn, pretty cool. It's one of my favorite places on the Mall. Have always loved the sculpture garden. If I may ask, what to you do for them?
I was in the Exhibits department as an employee doing art handling and installations. Now I'm a contractor for them for the Kusama tour---off to Seattle and LA momentarily until the 19th of October---overseeing the de-installs and installs, some photography. Now I'm also doing photography for the museum, documentation, odd projects, and starting repro under the staff photographer. Just finishing up my first total photo contract documenting the Yoko Ono pieces from this summer. When I get back let's connect. I've got lenses you'll probably want to try, and a K1 for comparison if you don't already have one (you should....).
09-09-2017, 06:58 PM   #7

Original Poster
Cool! Let's. Looking forward to it.