Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-13-2017, 12:50 PM   #1

P-TTL Cord Not Firing

Hi All,
I'm shooting a 645z with 540FGZ II, which fires reliably on the shoe. However, when connected via Vello P-TTL cord for Pentax (OCS-P3) I get nothing. I assumed I had a defective unit, so I ordered another and it still does not fire. Vello tech support seems to be at a loss and we all know how helpful 645z Support is from Ricoh/Pentax. I'm hoping one of you might know the secret. Cheers!

09-13-2017, 02:18 PM   #2

You will have to go back to the basics. I suggest the 1st thing to check are the cords continuity with an ohm meter. If this proves good one or more contacts are either switched or not making contact, find someone with a basic knowledge of electronics and they will sort it out for you.
09-13-2017, 03:03 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by originalwinger Quote
You will have to go back to the basics. I suggest the 1st thing to check are the cords continuity with an ohm meter. If this proves good one or more contacts are either switched or not making contact, find someone with a basic knowledge of electronics and they will sort it out for you.

Thank you. If the latter were the case, it doesn't seem like the flash would fire when directly mounted on the shoe, correct? Seems unlikely, but maybe I received two defective units.

09-13-2017, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by team_ream Quote
Thank you. If the latter were the case, it doesn't seem like the flash would fire when directly mounted on the shoe, correct? Seems unlikely, but maybe I received two defective units.
My recommendation would be to pick up an OEM Pentax cord. Would probably save a couple of headaches!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-14-2017, 09:38 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
My recommendation would be to pick up an OEM Pentax cord. Would probably save a couple of headaches!

Do they make a hot shoe cord? I can't seem to find one.

09-14-2017, 04:50 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Of course You need all 3 though

Pentax F5P 3' Extension Cord for Off-Camera TTL Flash 37347 B&H

Pentax Hot Shoe Adapter F 31022 B&H Photo Video

Pentax Off Camera Shoe Adapter F 31046 B&H Photo Video

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: