Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2018, 04:21 AM   #31

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TonyW Quote

Having used both I have not seen the behaviour you describe although I must say I prefer the Adobe DNG profile editor for the capability to tweak the profiles to taste.
we are talking about different things now. the OP was about accurate color rendition. Tweaking profiles to your taste is not a way to get accurate color.

you can try different workflows and see it for yourself:

1. xRite Colorchecker + Pentax PEF => ACR, export to DNG => xRite Colorchecker Passport
2. xRite Colorchecker + Pentax DNG => xRite Colorchecker Passport
3. xRite Colorchecker + Pentax DNG => Adobe DNG profile editor

the problem with oversaturated reds usually occurs when you are using workflow 2

02-23-2018, 08:13 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by den2099 Quote
we are talking about different things now. the OP was about accurate color rendition. Tweaking profiles to your taste is not a way to get accurate color.
I do not think the OP was talking about accurate colour rendition but rather finding too much red bias in his camera profiles. In this case tweaking profiles to taste and eliminating a red bias seemed to solve the issue as he reported getting better results at least closer to his requirements.

As (AFAIK) you cannot actually edit a profile using the X-Rite software. Under these conditions a shot of a colour card next to the model serves well as the basis for achieving a pleasing look that may actually appear more accurate to memory than a really accurate profile.

Your comment interseting andf I am curious so I will have a look at PEF and ACR export to DNG