Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2017, 09:56 PM   #1
Forum Member

645Z documentation from Manuals Ink

I have 3 lenses for my old 645. They kept calling me to give them a 645Z, and finally I did. Bought a used one from KEH. So far, so good, and it's sort of fun to focus manually again, after using a lot of autofocus SLRs.

I downloaded the manual to read on my computer, but I wanted a paper copy, too, for carrying with me. I ordered one from Manuals Ink. Unfortunately, they sent a very nice manual for a 645D. That was about 5 weeks ago, and I have not been able to get them to send me the correct manual.

Does anyone else have experience with Manuals, Ink?

JT

12-16-2017, 07:27 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Have you considered just printing the manual from the PDF file?
12-16-2017, 05:26 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Printing pdf

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have considered that, but I haven't figured out how to print two-sided, to save bulk. I used to be able to print all the odd pages, turn the stack over, and print the even pages on the other side. However, I don't seem to be able to do that with my current setup. Even when I learn and do that, the result will be a large book.

The Manuals Ink 645d book has two pages of the manual on each of the book's pages, making it convenient for carrying in the field. That's what I wanted for the 645Z, but I still don't have it.

JT
12-16-2017, 06:01 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Duplex is printer dependent but most modern printers would allow 2 pages to a side if the software handles it. Word does. Perhaps you could print it on a friends printer.

12-16-2017, 10:22 PM   #5

If the printer has a duplex option then just pick two-sided printing on the print setup/preferences dialog. If it doesn't they you have to do it manually (see method 3). Since the page format of the manual is not letter size you'll end up with a lot of white space or you can scale the page to fit better.

3 Ways to Print Double Sided - wikiHow