Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2018, 10:13 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by moroccanimager Quote
Capture One. Can Ricoh produce something similar I wonder.
Thks...that's why I asked, as I thought that CO cannot recognise the Pentax DNG files unless you convert them, or strip out the Pentax identifier from the metadata?

06-18-2018, 03:42 AM   #17

Original Poster
This is worth a look to see it's advantages over LR.
06-28-2018, 02:59 PM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Wow, those dunes!
10-04-2018, 10:29 AM - 1 Like   #19

Original Poster
Here's a new gallery of portraits taken with the 645 and all with the FA 150mm at f2.8 in ambient outside light using an interior room as a clean backdrop. Focus was adjusted manually through the viewfinder with minimal processing in C1.

https://www.colours-of-light.com/one-minute-sit-down/

Last edited by moroccanimager; 10-04-2018 at 10:30 AM. Reason: reaffirm link.
10-04-2018, 10:37 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
All - after discussion with Darren and Adam, I've re-instated the link to Darren's website; and I'd recommend everyone takes some time to look at the amazing photography there... very beautiful indeed
It's always worth seeing people doing professional level work with Pentax gear - with so much doom and gloom and negativity about the future of Pentax out there, it's worth remembering that we use top class gear that can stand alongside any in the right hands.
10-04-2018, 11:13 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Here's a new gallery of portraits taken with the 645 and all with the FA 150mm at f2.8 in ambient outside light using an interior room as a clean backdrop. Focus was adjusted manually through the viewfinder with minimal processing in C1.

one minute sit down ? Darren Lewey
Excellent set!....some great characters in there....well done!
10-05-2018, 12:52 PM   #22

Original Poster
Many thanks. It's all about the characters. The 645z and the lens set are a joy to use and reflect on the results. My experience is unfortunately limited to digital files. I'm hoping one day to see the results of printing to a decent size and with a new high quality process. Not cheap but it could be amazing. Carbon Transfer Print | The Wet Print

10-05-2018, 11:45 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Many thanks. It's all about the characters. The 645z and the lens set are a joy to use and reflect on the results. My experience is unfortunately limited to digital files. I'm hoping one day to see the results of printing to a decent size and with a new high quality process. Not cheap but it could be amazing. Carbon Transfer Print | The Wet Print
Wow!....that's an amazingly convoluted process, but the results look stunning....I may try this on one of my high contrast landscape images.....
I usually print on matte paper on my Epson 7900, so the resulting (landscape) images are usually around 36" x24"....I suspect your portraits would look great on matte paper too given the depth of the colours and detail in them...there are no surface reflections on matte paper, so the images tend to look 'richer'...
Onward and upward!
11-10-2018, 04:58 AM   #24

Original Poster
From last month's trip to Spain and the autumn colours taken nearly all with the 150mm at f16. The first image shows the 645z's wonderful dynamic range.

https://www.colours-of-light.com/spain-autumn-tree-studies/
11-10-2018, 05:53 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

From last month's trip to Spain and the autumn colours taken nearly all with the 150mm at f16. The first image shows the 645z's wonderful dynamic range.

Spain | Autumn tree studies ? Darren Lewey
Marvelous photos, especially the ones capturing sun rays in the forest. Great use of the FA (?) 150mm, one of my own favorites.
11-10-2018, 06:09 AM   #26

Original Poster
Many thanks. Indeed the FA 150 just seems to work in many situations.
11-10-2018, 06:54 PM - 1 Like   #27
Loyal Site Supporter

Spain | Autumn trees ? Darren Lewey
Excellent images. Now I will keep closer watch on your website.
12-10-2018, 02:13 AM   #28

Original Poster
FDA 25mm

For those who have been checking in on the comments made you may have noted that I rarely shoot with wides and my FDA 25mm has been used only a handful of times. I'm now looking to move that on. If anyone is interested then get in touch. Thanks.
12-10-2018, 03:38 PM   #29
Forum Member

Firstly, I want to say this is a beautiful gallery. It only heightens my desire to one day own a 645z myself. You are equally skillful at portraits as well as landscapes.
However, to my eyes there is clearly a post processing error with image 18 (counting scrolling down on my device). It's a sand dunes shot, and near the top right it seems that it something like the content aware tool has gone wrong... there's no smooth graduation of the dunes.
Am I alone in my observation? To me the shot shouldn't be in the gallery as it detracts from the whole.
I only mean this as constructive criticism and I repeat that I just love the rest of the content
12-10-2018, 04:47 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Megapixelmk Quote
Firstly, I want to say this is a beautiful gallery. It only heightens my desire to one day own a 645z myself. You are equally skillful at portraits as well as landscapes.

However, to my eyes there is clearly a post processing error with image 18 (counting scrolling down on my device). It's a sand dunes shot, and near the top right it seems that it something like the content aware tool has gone wrong... there's no smooth graduation of the dunes.

Am I alone in my observation? To me the shot shouldn't be in the gallery as it detracts from the whole.

I only mean this as constructive criticism and I repeat that I just love the rest of the content

It looks like footprints in the sand to me, i we are looking at the same image. Take another look.

Rick “who needs to edit this well, but doesn’t” Denney