Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2018, 02:13 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

6x7 removing strap

This is a little embarrassing. I purchased a used 6x7 for less than the cost of the attached lens. I haven't gotten my first roll back but everything seems to work fine. However, it came with a strap attached to the top studs intended for attaching the hand grip. I found an old hand grip and want to attach it to the camera but I cannot figure out how to remove the strap. There does not seem to be any catch or lever to do that. I have attached a photo of the strap attachment in case anyone recognized it and has a solution. I could cut it off but I would rather not do that. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
01-23-2018, 02:56 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think if you push the button down and push the metal piece sandwiched in the middle with a coin or screwdriver in the direction shown by the arrow, it should come off.
01-23-2018, 02:59 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is small lock tab between two large tabs - its edge is visible right under the arrow in your picture. Press it with a coin or a screwdriver, and it will come off.
01-23-2018, 04:21 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by blumoon722 Quote
I think if you push the button down and push the metal piece sandwiched in the middle with a coin or screwdriver in the direction shown by the arrow, it should come off.
QuoteOriginally posted by pentageek Quote
There is small lock tab between two large tabs - its edge is visible right under the arrow in your picture. Press it with a coin or a screwdriver, and it will come off.
Thanks, guys! That was it. It had seen the arrow and the metal tabs but I was hesitant to push too hard. Your advice made it possible. PF members have a solution for pretty much any problem. Thanks again.

01-24-2018, 09:36 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Removing/installing the strap is also covered in some Pentax 6x7 manuals.

Here is a link to the 67, which does have the instructions:

http://www.cameramanuals.org/pentax_pdf/pentax_67.pdf

Phil.
01-24-2018, 10:49 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Teamwork -> problem solved Have a good time with your new 67.
01-24-2018, 12:18 PM   #7
Pentaxian

There is also a part of Pentax Forums for the 6x7 exclusively. It is called Heavy Pentax-- Heavy Pentax - for 6X7 format users - PentaxForums.com
Just in case you hadn't heard of it.

01-24-2018, 12:49 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by desertscape Quote
There is also a part of Pentax Forums for the 6x7 exclusively. It is called Heavy Pentax-- Heavy Pentax - for 6X7 format users - PentaxForums.com
Just in case you hadn't heard of it.
Oh, wonderful! I have been around since near the beginning, only joined in 2009, but I had not noticed that section. Thanks for pointing it out!

---------- Post added 01-24-18 at 12:51 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Removing/installing the strap is also covered in some Pentax 6x7 manuals.

Here is a link to the 67, which does have the instructions:

http://www.cameramanuals.org/pentax_pdf/pentax_67.pdf

Phil.
Thanks, Phil. I had looked in the 6x7 manual but had not thought to check the newer model. In any case I have removed the strap and attached the wooden handle so I am happy.