Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2018, 06:27 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NoVA
Posts: 423
Original Poster
Filling a gap in a lens lineup for an Alaska trip

QuoteOriginally posted by yurihuta Quote
Denney,



1. If your location is NoVA = Norther Virginia, then I might have some lenses you can try out. Specifically at the long end and also the FA 45-85mm.

For the long glass I have:

A* 300mm f/4 ED-IF

FA 150-300mm f/5.6

And a long shot because of its massive size would be the 67 M* 400mm f/4 ED-IF



2. One adapter to consider if you have lots of 67 glass is the Zork/Zoerk ProSA-P67 - I have one of these and it is useable on the 645 bodies with several of the 67 lenses.

Here is a link - Zörk Pro Shift adapter which I also have a nice copy of.



3. PS For the A* 300mm f/4 - I found a nice tripod mount solution thanks to a clever Pentax 645 shooter. There is a telescope tripod adapter that fits around the A* 300mm perfectly.

1. Thanks. I have the 45-85 already—been using it for about 15 years. I couldn’t resist the 300 A* and the one I bought just arrived. I think with the 120, 200, and 300, I won’t need the 150-300, and will probably leave the 300 at home in any case. I have the 645FA 400 already.

2. I will look up that Zörk adapter. My 67 45mm lens seems better than my Hartblei 45mm lens.

Edit: Is Zörk still in business? Sales are being directed to their German site but I’m not seeing any way to buy anything.

3. Please send or link details about that adapter. I found a knockoff of the tripod adapter for the Canon 70-200/4L would also tighten on a 300mm f/4 CZJ Sonnar—and that 300A* needs it even worse.

Rick “thanks!” Denney


Last edited by rdenney; 03-26-2018 at 06:38 PM.
03-27-2018, 05:15 AM   #32
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 1,212
QuoteOriginally posted by yurihuta Quote
Denney,

If your location is NoVA = Norther Virginia, then I might have some lenses you can try out. Specifically at the long end and also the FA 45-85mm.
For the long glass I have:
A* 300mm f/4 ED-IF
FA 150-300mm f/5.6
And a long shot because of its massive size would be the 67 M* 400mm f/4 ED-IF

One adapter to consider if you have lots of 67 glass is the Zork/Zoerk ProSA-P67 - I have one of these and it is useable on the 645 bodies with several of the 67 lenses.
Here is a link - Zörk Pro Shift adapter which I also have a nice copy of.

I live in DC.

Yuri

---------- Post added 03-26-2018 at 08:50 PM ----------

PS For the A* 300mm f/4 - I found a nice tripod mount solution thanks to a clever Pentax 645 shooter. There is a telescope tripod adapter that fits around the A* 300mm perfectly.
Hey, Rick---

Yuri is a good guy. I bought a lens from him.

Hey, Yuri---

I thought you lived in Halethorpe and worked in DC? Did you move? And I'd like to hear about that telescope adapter: who makes it?
03-29-2018, 10:22 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Washington DC, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 582
QuoteOriginally posted by rdenney Quote
1. Thanks. I have the 45-85 already—been using it for about 15 years. I couldn’t resist the 300 A* and the one I bought just arrived. I think with the 120, 200, and 300, I won’t need the 150-300, and will probably leave the 300 at home in any case. I have the 645FA 400 already.

2. I will look up that Zörk adapter. My 67 45mm lens seems better than my Hartblei 45mm lens.

Edit: Is Zörk still in business? Sales are being directed to their German site but I’m not seeing any way to buy anything.

3. Please send or link details about that adapter. I found a knockoff of the tripod adapter for the Canon 70-200/4L would also tighten on a 300mm f/4 CZJ Sonnar—and that 300A* needs it even worse.

Rick “thanks!” Denney
Hi Rick,

A year or two ago these fellas in the PNW handled Zork sales for the US market - Nikon CPU lens. I have not spoken to them for a while, so no idea if they still do this.

As to the tripod collar for the A* 300mm f/4 ED-IF this is what I purchased - Orion 7369 76mm ID Telescope Tube Rings.
https://smile.amazon.com/Orion-7369-76mm-Telescope-Rings/dp/B0000XMVJ0/ref=s...ope+Tube+Rings
You receive two rings and I used the other on a beautiful, 15 aperture blade monster - Meyer-Optik Görlitz Primotar 180mm f/3.5 for Pentacon Six (easily adapted to Pentax 645).

When are you headed up? Safe travels.

Yuri

---------- Post added 03-29-2018 at 01:25 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
Hey, Rick---

Yuri is a good guy. I bought a lens from him.

Hey, Yuri---

I thought you lived in Halethorpe and worked in DC? Did you move? And I'd like to hear about that telescope adapter: who makes it?
Thank you for the kind words Tex. For the record, Tex is a wealth of knowledge and a great person to deal with!

I work in Halethorpe (a few days out of the week usually) and still live in DC.

The telescope adapter is made by Orion and it acts like a tripod collar for the A* 300mm f/4 ED-IF. This is what I purchased - Orion 7369 76mm ID Telescope Tube Rings.
https://smile.amazon.com/Orion-7369-76mm-Telescope-Rings/dp/B0000XMVJ0/ref=s...ntaxforums-20&. You receive two rings and I used the other on a beautiful, 15 aperture blade monster - Meyer-Optik Görlitz Primotar 180mm f/3.5 for Pentacon Six (easily adapted to Pentax 645).

Hope to see you soon Tex.

Yuri
03-29-2018, 11:44 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NoVA
Posts: 423
Original Poster
Yuri, I emailed Herr Zoerkendoerfer and he did respond. They still make and sell the adapter, but alas the price is 1250 Euros, which exceeds my interest substantially. I do already have a shift capability at 45, 55, and 75, though only one of those with P67 optics.

I ordered that telescope mounting ring. It looks a bit light, but that may just be the picture. Firmly attaching it to a lens plate, perhaps with some additional modifications for stiffness, should help. Thanks for the link.

Oh, that Meyer Primotar. I have handled one of those (I do still--mostly absently at this point--host what is left of the old Kiev Report), but I think I'd rather stick to the CZJ Sonnar 180/2.8 in that focal length, and for those times when I need to improve the circumference of my biceps. The old Pentacon Six and Praktisix cameras used the Zeiss Jena lenses, but also had some alternatives from Meyer, which was also part of what became VEB Pentacon in the bad old days. The closest I came to purchasing one was the 300, but, again, a CZJ 300/4 subdued that temptation.

Rick "thanks for the link" Denney

03-29-2018, 12:19 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Washington DC, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 582
Rick “you need to buy a Pro-SA adapter” Denney,

Let me know if you are interested in the Zork adapter. I have one and it is beautifully made and you can get it for a lot less than what Herr Zoerkendoerfer is asking. If you are interested in trading some 645 gear (your 645NII??) towards this, then we can meet up locally.

Let me know if you have some interest in the adapter.

Yuri "who regrets selling his 645NII" Huta

QuoteOriginally posted by rdenney Quote
Yuri, I emailed Herr Zoerkendoerfer and he did respond. They still make and sell the adapter, but alas the price is 1250 Euros, which exceeds my interest substantially. I do already have a shift capability at 45, 55, and 75, though only one of those with P67 optics.
03-29-2018, 01:02 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NoVA
Posts: 423
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yurihuta Quote
Rick “you need to buy a Pro-SA adapter” Denney,

Let me know if you are interested in the Zork adapter. I have one and it is beautifully made and you can get it for a lot less than what Herr Zoerkendoerfer is asking. If you are interested in trading some 645 gear (your 645NII??) towards this, then we can meet up locally.

Let me know if you have some interest in the adapter.

Yuri "who regrets selling his 645NII" Huta
Yuri, a tempting offer, but let me have a chance to receive my 645z and do some testing to see where I stand on my current lens fleet. I have a couple of Pentax 67 adapters and will test all the candidate lenses (I have the 45 and 55/4 67 lenses) and see if the 67 lenses are better enough than my Hartblei/Arsat lenses to be worth the trouble. I'll let you know.

Best Regards,

Rick
03-29-2018, 02:05 PM - 1 Like   #37
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 1,212
QuoteOriginally posted by yurihuta Quote
Thank you for the kind words Tex.
Absolutely!
QuoteQuote:
For the record, Tex is a wealth of knowledge and a great person to deal with!
Thanks for that, but that first bit is maybe debatable!

QuoteQuote:
I work in Halethorpe (a few days out of the week usually) and still live in DC.
Oh, I had it turned around. Most people do it the other way....

QuoteQuote:
The telescope adapter is made by Orion and it acts like a tripod collar for the A* 300mm f/4 ED-IF. This is what I purchased - Orion 7369 76mm ID Telescope Tube Rings.
amazon.com : Orion 7369 76mm ID Telescope Tube Rings : Telescope Eyepieces : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&. You receive two rings and I used the other on a beautiful, 15 aperture blade monster - Meyer-Optik Görlitz Primotar 180mm f/3.5 for Pentacon Six (easily adapted to Pentax 645).

Hope to see you soon Tex.

Yuri
Hey, you too, and thanks for this link. On my Amazon wish list now. Might use both simultaneously, attached to an Arca-Swiss plate...
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, 645z, adapter, arsat, bag, bit, camera, canon, couple, f/4, fa, film, fisheye, format, glass, kit, lens, lenses, medium format, plenty, rick, trip, tripod, ultrawide, view
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cityscape The last dental filling. Chetverovod Post Your Photos! 4 07-25-2018 12:16 PM
My lens lineup has a gap from 15mm to 70mm! UserAccessDenied Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 43 01-14-2017 11:01 PM
filling up the gap between k20d and future fullframe hansenn Pentax DSLR Discussion 26 09-28-2012 10:39 AM
There is a gap. Do you want Pentax to fill a gap? ogl Pentax Compact Cameras 13 03-31-2011 02:15 PM
Sigma filling the gap Talbot Pentax News and Rumors 21 03-23-2008 08:25 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:31 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top