Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2018, 02:34 AM   #1

How to use the plugin v2.0 for P645Z

Object : tethered shooting with Image Transmitter 2 and P645Z

Hello,

I have observed that there was 2 plugins for P645Z :

Version 1.20 (called "simple version")
Version 2.00 (for working in conjunction with IT2)

I have the 2 plugins installed in Lightroom, but only one may be active at a time. So, I only activated the one i want to use, and desactive the other. There are also 2 .PDF file which should normaly help the consumer to use them, but they are not very well written and difficult to understand. As the second plugin do not work on my computer, i somewhat frustated ... is it something that I do not undestand ?

The simple version is working correctly with Lightroom 6, but there is no way to control aperture or speed or iso through Lightroom, but only directly on the camera. There is a bar on which the iso, speed, aperture appears and a push button. Better than nothing, but there is a second plugin.

This second version, which is normaly made to work in conjunction with IT2 (Image Transmitter 2), do no work on my computer: a frame for the taken images appears on the screen of lightroom but remain always empty and no images are truthly transferred in the destination folder. The same bar appears (speed/iso/aperture/push button) but the information do not appears and are replaced with the mention <IT2>. The push button has no effect (impossible to taken an image). If i use the IT2 push button on the IT2 software, the camera take an image which appears in IT2, but never on Lightroom (the bar on lightroom let a wheel appears which turns indefinitively, a frame is drawn on the lightroom's screen in which the picture would normaly appear, but this reserved frame on lightroom remains empty). And after each shoot, there is a new empty frame which appears on the lightroom screen ???

I know that i could use another way to import pictures in lightroom with IT2 (hot folder), but i would be happy to know how to use the 2nd plugin.

Has somebody already tested this 2.0 plugin with success ?

if Yes, how to process ?

Thanks in advance

B SULMON

03-21-2018, 11:09 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Having used v1 successfully, I took a look at the v2 manual and it looks like it works as follows:
-shooting settings are controlled via IT2 (thus you won't see aperture or shutter speed in lightroom)
-images are saved directly to lightroom

Make sure IT2's output folder is outside of your lightroom workspace, as otherwise I think you'll experience issues with one program trying to operate on a locked file. IT2 will automatically delete the files it saves in this mode, once they're imported into lightroom. This could potentially be what's causing the trouble in your case.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to upgrade the camera's firmware in case you haven't already.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-22-2018, 07:50 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the answer, but this seems not to be the solution. I have used a repertory on disk F: as destination for IT2 (which was not mentionned in the workspace of lightroom), but i only get a new empty frame in lightroom after each shoot as before.

Il will stop to try to use this "IT2 Plugin", as i can shoot tethered with IT2 and automatic import with the "hot folder" of Lightroom

It's however strange that this plugin is not working.or that the way to use it is not much described.

Bye