Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-19-2018, 06:43 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
Hey, No affiliation with them , but some cool stuff that could certainly be used to make the sort of thing you are wanting, And, pretty sure those wooden handles would make it easy to hollow out and fit in a release button.

camvate | eBay
QuoteOriginally posted by Ray Cox Quote
Thanks cmohr. There are some interesting pieces there. Still working on it! I am leaning toward "3 Legged Thing" parts at the moment. I am hoping to incorporate an electronic release.
You two triggered a thought with those comments that applies to the Samigon handle. As you may see in the two photos above, there is a 6-mm hole below the thumb position. This is lower end of a diagonal through hole that tapers to 8-mm, exiting under the index finger. I now wonder whether Samigon had a release (probably mechanical when it was designed) that fit that hole. I haven't been able to find a historical Samigon catalogue that might shed some light on the features of the grip.

04-19-2018, 04:31 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kaseki Quote
You two triggered a thought with those comments that applies to the Samigon handle. As you may see in the two photos above, there is a 6-mm hole below the thumb position. This is lower end of a diagonal through hole that tapers to 8-mm, exiting under the index finger. I now wonder whether Samigon had a release (probably mechanical when it was designed) that fit that hole. I haven't been able to find a historical Samigon catalogue that might shed some light on the features of the grip.

Most of the fancier cable releases of the day would fit that hole. I had one of those probably 40 years ago, and used several cable releases with it.

Rick “long gone” Denney
04-19-2018, 09:20 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kaseki Quote
Now that is a nice adaptation of parts to solve the problem. Can you list the source of the major parts? (I would use a Manfrotto 200 PL compatible QR adapter, but otherwise the hand grip and extension plate seem quite convenient.)

Thanks
Hi Ray,

The one I use was made by Stitz and there are a number of variations. They also made the deluxe Vivitar one and for Hasselblad and probably some others. They are not particularly expensive on eBay, but I have not seen one quite like mine with the QR also on the bottom of the handle. I have had the grip for probably forty years, the clamp is current and from Hejnar Photo (ebay)

Murray
04-20-2018, 01:09 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by oneill Quote
Hi Ray,

The one I use was made by Stitz and there are a number of variations. They also made the deluxe Vivitar one and for Hasselblad and probably some others. They are not particularly expensive on eBay, but I have not seen one quite like mine with the QR also on the bottom of the handle. I have had the grip for probably forty years, the clamp is current and from Hejnar Photo (ebay)

Murray
Thanks. Of note is that my just arrived Soligar also has a cold shoe interface on the bottom that is designed for any of four orientations. Of course, I can't know for sure that it wasn't adapted at some point, but I think it unlikely because the circular flange is slightly inset into the plastic. (Apologies for not cleaning it yet.)

[photo by Coolpix]

Attached Images