Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2018, 12:43 PM   #1

Missing Files

Using my 645z, I shot a few photos to card yesterday and now the card is showing up empty. It was a very rushed situation and I was using a card formatted to my 645z earlier in the week that I had already dumped to my computer. I don't remember if I reformatted, but the camera did not give me a "Card is not formatted" error, so I just pulled it out and shot the few frames I needed and was on my way. I even reviewed at one point to check exposure and files were visible (or at least the most recent one). Upon attempting to dump card, LIghtroom and Finder showed nothing. Reinserted into 645z and got the "card not formatted message." Currently running recovery and files are coming up, but all from the previous dates. Is this something anyone else has experienced or is a known issue? Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 04-17-2018 at 01:15 PM.
04-17-2018, 01:22 PM   #2

Did you review the actual file or just through instant preview. Instant preview is the image in the buffer before it is written to the card. If you delete the image in instant preview or turn off the camera or remove the card while the card is still being updated it can corrupt the files on the card. Finder may not list the files if the directory tables are corrupted. Also do you eject the card from Finder before removing it from your computer or do you just pull the card out. If you pull the card out before the files and directory tables are completed updating you can again corrupt the data on the card.
04-17-2018, 01:31 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by team_ream Quote
Using my 645z, I shot a few photos to card yesterday and now the card is showing up empty. It was a very rushed situation and I was using a card formatted to my 645z earlier in the week that I had already dumped to my computer. I don't remember if I reformatted, but the camera did not give me a "Card is not formatted" error, so I just pulled it out and shot the few frames I needed and was on my way. I even reviewed at one point to check exposure and files were visible (or at least the most recent one). Upon attempting to dump card, LIghtroom and Finder showed nothing. Reinserted into 645z and got the "card not formatted message." Currently running recovery and files are coming up, but all from the previous dates. Is this something anyone else has experienced or is a known issue? Thanks!
Did the camera switch to the other SD slot perhaps?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: