Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2018, 08:02 AM   #1

645z / Capture One / Color Rendering / 645z ICC

Hello,

for the last years I have been using my 645z with Lightroom. Capture One was lacking the support for the 645z. Now I am using Capture Fix -> Works so far, but I don't have a clue why Capture Fix Fast is not working.
Are there some people out there that spent time on creating ICCs for 645z and Capture One?

I don't get the same wonderful results out of my 645z raw files that I could get from Lightroom from scratch. What is your experience?

Thanks for letting me know,
Hartmut

05-15-2018, 09:32 AM   #2

My experience is I really wanted it to work. I tried Alex's capture fix and it appeared at first to be working fine. But then I found strange color problems in my files. For example on a portrait where the hairline meets the skin there would be a strange color edge around the hairline. It wasn't visible just glancing at the files but when you would zoom in or export a file it would appear. Obviously this was unacceptable so I switched back to Lightroom. The past few updates Lightroom has become better and better performance wise. Tethering is still a bit slow but I can live with it.
05-18-2018, 02:38 AM   #3
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Phase One has no Pentax MF support because of competition.
05-26-2018, 07:14 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Irie Quote
My experience is I really wanted it to work. I tried Alex's capture fix and it appeared at first to be working fine. But then I found strange color problems in my files. For example on a portrait where the hairline meets the skin there would be a strange color edge around the hairline. It wasn't visible just glancing at the files but when you would zoom in or export a file it would appear. Obviously this was unacceptable so I switched back to Lightroom. The past few updates Lightroom has become better and better performance wise. Tethering is still a bit slow but I can live with it.

Are u using custom profiles (DCP) for your pentax?

The images are very flat (what is good for post production) but you need to spend some more time in LR (or C1)