Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2018, 07:24 PM   #1

Pentax 67 Frame Counter Issue

Hi,

I just got a P67 and everything seems to work fine except for the frame counter. Initially after my first test roll, the counter reset to zero, not the largest dot to the left. I shot two more rolls and now the frame counter resets to 3. I can move the counter forward using the small button in the middle while the back is open, and as soon as I let go of the button, it resets back to 3. While shooting it seems to be more of an annoyance than a serious problem since itís harder to keep track of how many frames I have left. I developed two of the rolls and there arenít any issues with spacing.

Has anyone had this issue and is it something easily fixed? Iím a bit worried that it reset to zero and now 3, will it keep moving to higher values until it wonít move?

Iíve notified the seller and theyíre willing to work with me, but should I just send it back?

Any and all ideas are welcome and thank you in advance.

05-28-2018, 12:37 PM - 1 Like   #2

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by John C. Janus Quote
Hi,

I just got a P67 and everything seems to work fine except for the frame counter. Initially after my first test roll, the counter reset to zero, not the largest dot to the left. I shot two more rolls and now the frame counter resets to 3. I can move the counter forward using the small button in the middle while the back is open, and as soon as I let go of the button, it resets back to 3. While shooting it seems to be more of an annoyance than a serious problem since itís harder to keep track of how many frames I have left. I developed two of the rolls and there arenít any issues with spacing.

Has anyone had this issue and is it something easily fixed? Iím a bit worried that it reset to zero and now 3, will it keep moving to higher values until it wonít move?

Iíve notified the seller and theyíre willing to work with me, but should I just send it back?

Any and all ideas are welcome and thank you in advance.
So upon further investigation, the top piece of the frame counter shifted about 30 degrees. I rotated it back and tightened the three small screws around it. Now resets to the largest dot, problem solved.
05-29-2018, 08:32 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for documenting a repair.