05-18-2019, 07:01 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by unkipunki Quote
Hi, yes it was a MkII

---------- Post added 18-05-19 at 09:21 ----------

It was also had 'Pro' designation
Thanks. I just searched out my IR remote control and tested it, but haven't experimented with the adapter and 67 lens yet. Just another TBD.

05-18-2019, 05:20 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Using a 67 55-100mm lens mounted onto either adapter, I can set the mirror up knob to mirror up, then half press the shutter button to get the mirror to actually move up, at which point beeping occurs. Then I can take a photo by again pressing the shutter button. The IR remote doesn't trigger the shutter, although it did earlier today with a 645 75 mm lens attached. (In hindsight, I probably undid the remote setup in the menu after the earlier testing. Let's see if I can re-initialize it with Menu Hell.)

Success. OK, with the remote mode set, (this make-up test used only the Fotodiox adapter and a ridiculously high ISO due to incipient darkness), I was able to get the mirror up remotely after turning the mirror-up knob, and then take a picture remotely. I didn't test timer mode. A photo was evidently taken.

Conditions were: Aperture priority (set at f/9.5 (unmarked), iso 3200 initially, 10k later, looking out of a room at dusk toward plants near infinity focus, camera computed exposure time was 1/15 (more or less) seconds. Lens zoom at 100mm. Camera is mounted on a Manfrotto 055 tripod with a three-axis head, PL200 mounting plate. Even though significantly unbalanced with this lens, it was surprisingly stable.

It is possible, unkipunki, that your Fotodiox example was just a tad out of tolerance. This might follow from you message #2. On the other hand, I need to demonstrate that I can take a series of remote photos. Something I'll save for daytime when I get another chance.
05-19-2019, 06:00 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I was able to do some intermittent testing this morning. 67 55-100mm zoom on Fotodiox adapter on 645Z mounted on tripod. Remote control is enabled, mirror knob is "up." Photo taken and camera ignored for some period of time after which touching the shutter button was needed to wake up the camera. Then the IR remote was used to take another photo. Camera was left "on" and eventually auto hibernated. And so on. Eight photos were taken before I had to abandon the experiment due to other demands. The photos all seem normal (other than some haze likely due to shooting through a less-than-pristine double glass door window).

Testing over a range of temperatures may reveal something but will require several months to get a wide sample. Bated breath not recommended.