Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
10-01-2018, 01:34 PM - 1 Like   #91
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LensCleaner01 Quote
when you took a picture in less light with 400*400 pixels you got a lot of noisebut if you took that picture in 4000*4000 pixels and downscale the information what is left or present in the 4000*4000 picture "almost" fix up that noise
No, because the shot noise is signal correlated and the quantization noise is about constant. Therefore, oversampling only improve the total S/N be a negligible amount. That's why the Sony 45Mpixel sensor produces about the same image S/N as the 12Mp sensor of the same size made by the same company. For full frame, the S/N max out at less than 8bits effective. Now, your assumption is based on having the possibility to increase the max voltage accross the PIN junction of CMOS sensors, unfortunately this is not possible due to semiconductor material physics, and this is even less possible when the pixels get smaller.

10-01-2018, 01:39 PM   #92
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LensCleaner01 Quote
having a better f-stop would be greatHasselblad H6D-100c Review - Shooting Medium-Format Video - YouTubethe compare shows for example the red camera can have a f1.4 with less bokeh then f4.0 on the hasselblad h6dand dont get me wrong the red camera has a big sensor of 40.96 mm * 21.60 , classical digital medium format has 43.8 * 32.8edit its 40.96https://i1.wp.com/www.filmanddigitaltimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/DSMC2-Camera-Specs.jpg
That confirms what was written by photoptimist.
10-02-2018, 01:03 PM   #93

take a look on the attackment its scanned from a film not a print i also have others with the same results what have a lot more noise

what lead me to the pentax doesnt use the full sensor like a lot cameras according to others notice this for others cameras and that the video isnt supported for 4 k instead you can make 4 k timelaps
what also leaded to the question if the pentax got enough cpu power or speed to solve a 4 k video

both lead to the same problem if you take 400x400 pixels only or you crop it and take 400x400 from a picture both give bad results

the thing with the noise is also in the software codecs search for this
there are many methods what are software based to downscale downsample ect. pictures or films
but here is 1:
Datei:Interlaced Animation.gif ? Wikipedia

having more pixels means you have more information you can use
here is problem the problem when you look the power or photons coming to a sensor they look constand
but having more size allowed more pixels to read from the scene

now you have a 4000 pixel picture with noise and a 400 pixel picture with noise

when you now step back as long you dont have more noise then normal pixels the quality gets better every step

both are suffering image quality and the noise but since we do this anyway becaues we have 8268 x 6200 instead of 1920x1080 what is our target for a video the downscaleing is the winner here

i didnt understand what you mean with the second post sorry can you clear it up ? 40,96 mm is no medium format ?

or the iso what you can see even on a 200 iso picture if you step 1 time back the noise gets less

noise in that case is just the standard deviation of pixel values downscale does reduce that effect

if i can back what i wrote in the other forum i might bring it here it got deleted for a reason
10-02-2018, 01:09 PM   #94

film negativ scan:

Attached Images

10-10-2018, 07:39 PM   #95

i maybe found something for the flash problem
i already had the idea for a li-ion battery

there is just more durable
look the values for a ni-cd battery , 1,5 volts go up to 1200 mah
a alkaline battery go up to 1,5 volts and 2800 mah

the li-ion batterys dont have the memory effect that much

and look the values for the same size for example the LI-ION 14500 battery , witch has 3.7 volts and also go up to 2800 mah

this would give an advange in load time and durability if the voltage is a problem the voltage could be redused with a very small amount of electric changes like resistors or a z-diot for stabilisation

also using less batterys would be a option or bigger or more smaller batterys