Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2018, 01:06 PM   #1

645Z Memory Card Error SD1

My Z has been ultra reliable for close to 4 years that I've had it. Recently, I've been getting this error message. If first showed up about two months ago. I thought it may be the cards, so I bought some new ones. When I put them in, the camera worked fine. Yesterday, the message appeared again. I tried many cards in SD slot #1 and the message remained. Then, I moved the card that has been in SD2 to SD1 and the "Memory Card Error SD1" message remained. Then I put some of the cards that didn't work in SD1 to SD2 and they worked fine. Any suggestions or similar experiences would be most helpful.

08-05-2018, 01:37 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KDINDC Quote
My Z has been ultra reliable for close to 4 years that I've had it. Recently, I've been getting this error message. If first showed up about two months ago. I thought it may be the cards, so I bought some new ones. When I put them in, the camera worked fine. Yesterday, the message appeared again. I tried many cards in SD slot #1 and the message remained. Then, I moved the card that has been in SD2 to SD1 and the "Memory Card Error SD1" message remained. Then I put some of the cards that didn't work in SD1 to SD2 and they worked fine. Any suggestions or similar experiences would be most helpful.
My guess would be the contacts are worn or dirty. Not familiar with the Z but I think it’s time for a service and cleaning.
08-06-2018, 11:16 AM   #3

Original Poster
I believe that you are correct. It's just hard to not have it around.