Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2018, 04:45 PM   #1

How to undo the clip on a Pentax 67 strap

I just purchased a 57 and also a strap for it. In fiddling with the strap clip I find now that I don't know how to release the thingy that you push it to secure the strap clip onto the camera lug. Help is needed.

Thanks

08-06-2018, 05:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

You push from the opposite end. On the surface of the buckle, you’ll see an arrow. With a flathead screwdriver push in the center piece of metal on the side the arrow points to.
08-06-2018, 05:15 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks. Why didn't I think of that, it sounds quite straight forward.
08-06-2018, 05:41 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A coin is probably less risky of scratching something - a UK 5p piece is perfect for the job (other currencies presumably have similar sized coins).

08-06-2018, 07:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I've heard of people using ViceGrips to actually destroy the lugs (and anything else nearby!) in stupid attempts at removal.

Those native Pentax clips can be quite destructive in their own right as they abrade against the body, additional to wearing out the lugs.
A much better option is the Op/Tech SuperPro strap with the lug-friendly attachment that completely does away with the risk of the native Pentax stuff.
Super Pro Strap | OP/TECH USA . That stray also can be used in a truncated version as a sort of short "haul-up" strap for when you lift the camera up and dock it into/onto the tripod head.