Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-10-2018, 09:08 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Capture One & Fuji GFX

Here's a question for the group:

What does native Capture One support for Fuji GFX mean for the 645z?
I'm sure we all have had some tethering issues with the 645z either using a Capture One workaround or an EyeFi card or Lightroom or even the Ricoh Image Transmitter software
I know I have

Interested in reading your opinions

10-10-2018, 01:05 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Marvel Quote
Here's a question for the group:

What does native Capture One support for Fuji GFX mean for the 645z?
I'm sure we all have had some tethering issues with the 645z either using a Capture One workaround or an EyeFi card or Lightroom or even the Ricoh Image Transmitter software
I know I have

Interested in reading your opinions
Well, based on past behavior I think they will continue to cold shoulder Pentax digital medium format. I think Fuji either paid them to support their cameras or else C1 decided they didn't want to lose that business.
10-11-2018, 01:19 AM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
I think Fuji either paid them to support their cameras or else C1 decided they didn't want to lose that business.
Probably both. And Phase One decided to stop small 33x44mm sensors in their line-up, so Fuji is not completely a competitor now. What about Pentax ? If they "commit" to stay to small sensor, they could be supported in the future by Capture One.
10-11-2018, 05:27 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SylvainB Quote
Probably both. And Phase One decided to stop small 33x44mm sensors in their line-up, so Fuji is not completely a competitor now. What about Pentax ? If they "commit" to stay to small sensor, they could be supported in the future by Capture One.
Maybe, but I think it would take cash.

Personally, this makes me hate the very idea of Capture One, even if it is the very best software on the market. That kind of childish "take my toys and go home" attitude tells me that they will be childish in other ways when the chips are down.

What I wish is that Ricoh would expand their software to provide a full feature list and tethering, which they could do in a deeper partnership with Silkypix. Hire the right programmers and make it work. If they did it well enough, Fuji owners might figure out how to use that software instead of Capture One.

Rick "wondering why Phase One doesn't use Capture One to, um, capture Pentax customers instead of pushing them away" Denney

10-11-2018, 06:25 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rdenney Quote

Personally, this makes me hate the very idea of Capture One, even if it is the very best software on the market. That kind of childish "take my toys and go home" attitude tells me that they will be childish in other ways when the chips are down.
Absolutely, EXACTLY my sentiments.

QuoteQuote:
What I wish is that Ricoh would expand their software to provide a full feature list and tethering, which they could do in a deeper partnership with Silkypix. Hire the right programmers and make it work. If they did it well enough, Fuji owners might figure out how to use that software instead of Capture One.
Yes. What is up with Japanese companies and software? I don't get it.

QuoteQuote:
Rick "wondering why Phase One doesn't use Capture One to, um, capture Pentax customers instead of pushing them away" Denney
Again, exactly my thoughts.
10-11-2018, 08:11 PM   #6

I stopped using Capture One because it did not support the 645Z. Count me as one of those pushed away.

I am not the target market for Phase One cameras, so they just lost revenue they would otherwise have.
10-12-2018, 12:06 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by rdenney Quote
It sure would...