Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2019, 04:34 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
IF the screen is misaligned then yes, but it could be the lenses as well. Before jumping to conclusions, I would run a test roll with both lenses at infinity and take good notes with shots using the lens on the infinity mark and at what your eye thru the finder appears to be infinity. Shoot with the apertures wide open. Also save a couple shots for a wall or focus chart test at 5 and 10 feet using the OVF for focusing.
Thanks for clarifying! I'm skeptical that it's the lenses simply because that's two rare events compounded on top of each other
I heard back from Eric, who said the misalignment was better after the CLA than originally, but not completely gone. I'm sending it back for him to replace the screen with the standard fresnel microprism one.

Alas, I will have to wait a couple more weeks. I did take a few shots of my dog this morning, who was startled by the thunderous shutter sound.

01-05-2019, 03:50 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Focusing screens must be calibrated for correct and precise focus at 3 points in the centre. I would be very, very surprised if Eric H. did not do this. Assuming dioptric correction, if installed, is correct, then imprecise screen calibration is just about the limit of finger pointing.
01-05-2019, 05:38 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Silent Street Quote
Focusing screens must be calibrated for correct and precise focus at 3 points in the centre. I would be very, very surprised if Eric H. did not do this. Assuming dioptric correction, if installed, is correct, then imprecise screen calibration is just about the limit of finger pointing.
Yep. I'm hoping the grid screen it came with is simply defective, so reverting back to a standard screen would solve this matter.