Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
03-27-2019, 02:17 PM - 1 Like   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Banding at high speeds is a known issue for Salyuts and 88’s. Poke around in the Kiev Report archive, on Delphi Forums, for much discussion of that issue. Usually it’s not a problem at 125 or lower even for the worst examples. My Arax-overhauled 88c bands at 500.

Your camera needs new light seals, too. Arax might overhaul it for you, which should take care of that.

Rick “eccentric gears” Denney

03-27-2019, 04:47 PM   #32
Forum Member

Original Poster
I can live with 1/250, but it means lower my ISO film to 100 (I do basically daylight shooting) or opening too much with my current 200ISO setting.

I will take an eye into that light sealing, but I want not to spend more cash in the soviet cube. I'm just wondering which my next 6x6 will be (I love the P67, but I love more the square format), another cube or a Pentasix-ish one.

Thanks, mate.

Vic "the sixbysix newbie" Lozano

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, 645z, bw, camera, frame, iso, kiev, love, medium format, option, pictures, time, viewfinder